Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Advice for a new satellite receiver with iptv feature

Title
    Thanks

Advice for a new satellite receiver with iptv feature

Hello to everyone,

I am looking for a new satelitte receiver with iptv feature.

It's not easy to find one since the choice is very large.

First, i was thinking to buy the vu+ zero (Broadcom BCM 7362 2K DMIPS 752 MHz single core, dual thread Cpu, 2000 DMIPS, 256MB Nand Flash / 512MB DRAM)

Now, i am considering also the vu+ zero 4k (BCM72604 Dual core 64-bit ARM B53 CPU1,500 MHz, 7000 DMIPS, 4096 MB Flash (eMMC),2048 MB of DDR3 DRAM) ... and why not the mutant hd51 4k (Broadcom bcm7251s, ARM Cortex A15, Dual core 1700Mhz (2x 1.7GHz), 4096 MB Flash (eMMC) 12000 DMIPS, 1GB DDR Memory) since the price is just a little more than for the vu+ zeo 4k.

The 4k feature is not essential since i have only HD television for the moment.

I used to have a 1) gigablue quad.... it seems to be broken, 2) and a KORAX iptv which is for sure broken.
    My regrets with the gigablue : not user friendly and with the Korax... poor quality.

Which satelitte receiver with iptv feature would you advice me ? The vu+ zero 4k or the mutant hd51 .... or something else ?
    I am a little bit reluctant with the mutant... i am afraid to be disappointed like i was with the gigablue quad which give the feeling that the product was not good as it seemed (mostly because Gigablue was a newcomer)..

Thank you for your advices.

At this point point, i am considering to buy immediately 1 satelitte receiver (1 LNB) with iptv feature and later another with more with more tuner DVB-S) and also iptv feature.
    Last edited by MevenligneTS; 13-08-18 at 22:17.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    All e2 boxes are essentially the same so will be in your case “not user friendly”. If it’s just IPTV you require, just get a MAG box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Andy_Hassa,

First, thanks for your answer.

The iptv is as essential as the satelitte receiver dvb-.

Do you realy mean that vu+ zero 4k or the mutant hd51 4k are not user friendly ?

I tought that vu+ is well known brand (not a fancy brand) which offer quality, value and a large community.

At this moment, my choice goes for the vu+ zero 4k at around 150 eur.

I hope to decide today....

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    As Andy has summarised so well, all these sat receivers use an E2 image, so if you really found the Gigablue unfriendly then so would be any other E2 receiver. It has nothing to do about perceived quality or value of the receiver (the latest Vu+ and Gigablue are similar “quality“ and offer similar technology.
    Just because a sat receiver is able to support IPTV (sometimes not very well) doesn’t mean its the best choice if your highest priority is IPTV, as Andy has said go for a MAG box (its just taken me about 4 paragraphs to say the same as Andy!!)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MevenligneTS View Post
    Andy_Hassa,

First, thanks for your answer.

The iptv is as essential as the satelitte receiver dvb-.

Do you realy mean that vu+ zero 4k or the mutant hd51 4k are not user friendly ?

I tought that vu+ is well known brand (not a fancy brand) which offer quality, value and a large community.

At this moment, my choice goes for the vu+ zero 4k at around 150 eur.

I hope to decide today....
    Personally I would go with the Mut@nt HD51, at least it has the option to install an internal HDD and this receiver has the Stalker Plugin, which you may find better suited for your IPTV needs.

I am a big Vu+ fan and the Zero 4K is a cracking little box with a fab “new style” remote, but the Mut@nt HD51 is better value for money imho.

Regards,

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;473347]

I am not so interested by an adding an hard drive.
    If i am not wrong, you can also ad an hard drive (pvr kit) to the vu+ zero 4k.

You wrote that the vu+ zero is a craking little box. What do you mean by cracking (my mother tongue is french)?

According to you the Mut@nt HD51 is better suited for iptv needs. Why ?

At the end, i guess that i will buy 2 satellite receiver with iptv.

The first, the one that i need to buy in the very short time, is an entry model (zero 4k or the mutant hd51). The purpose is just to enjoy watching stuff without a lot of options that could be useless.

The second will be more expensive since i would need more tuners.

Regards,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    perhaps you should think the other way around. What do I want to watch? Where do I get it? What is the best box that supports it? So if you have a legal IPTV provider ask him for the best box.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Trial,

The purpose is to watch mainly channels from a satelitte and less iptv.

I don't have an official provider fir iptv services since i live in Belgium. It's a gift for my mother to let her watch tv in his native language (turkish), both with satellite and iptv but mainly satellite.

Regards,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    [QUOTE=MevenligneTS;473349]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post

I am not so interested by an adding an hard drive.
    If i am not wrong, you can also ad an hard drive (pvr kit) to the vu+ zero 4k.

You wrote that the vu+ zero is a craking little box. What do you mean by cracking (my mother tongue is french)?

According to you the Mut@nt HD51 is better suited for iptv needs. Why ?

At the end, i guess that i will buy 2 satellite receiver with iptv.

The first, the one that i need to buy in the very short time, is an entry model (zero 4k or the mutant hd51). The purpose is just to enjoy watching stuff without a lot of options that could be useless.

The second will be more expensive since i would need more tuners.

Regards,
    Vu+ Zero 4K: “cracking little box“ means excellent quality, compact, good functionality but entry level box mainly for watching - not recording services (although it can).
    Can be fitted with a usb connected HDD (not internal) but not internal due to the size. Also limited to one tuner.
    HD51: can take internal HDD, has 2 tuner slots and supports the Stalker plugin which supports many IPTV providers not only providing access to the IPTV services but also a program guide for the IPTV services (no idea if this provided in multiple languages on a sat receiver).
    Last edited by twol; 14-08-18 at 13:19.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thaks to all of you,

For the first receiver satellite with one tuner and iptv, i will chose the vu+ zero 4k even if it has not the stalker plugin.

Maybe the vu+ community will offer this plugin.

For the second satellite receiver with several tuners, i will first try again to solve the problem with my gigablue quad which is now faulty.... i had on the pbox screen gigablue present..... and it's all. Therefore, i have installed the newest openvix without success since the result is the same (gigablue presents).... so i've changed the bootloadet and reinstall the openvix image....on my tv screen a have a gigablue logo but i cannot access to box menu.... i am stuck there....
    I will post a comment on this in order to get some help.

If i am unable to repair it, i will let you let you know.

Thanks again for your help, advices...

Come on stalker on vu+ zero 4k

Best regards,

mopa8000
    Thaks to all of you,

For the first receiver satellite with one tuner and iptv, i will chose the vu+ zero 4k even if it has not the stalker plugin.

For the second satellite receiver with several tuners, i will first try again to solve the problem with my gigablue quad which is now faulty.... i had on the pbox screen gigablue present..... and it's all. Therefore, i have installed the newest openvix without success since the result is the same (gigablue presents).... so i've changed the bootloadet and reinstall the openvix image....on my tv screen a have a gigablue logo but i cannot access to box menu.... i am stuck there....

Best regards,
    All e2 boxes are essentially the same so will be in your case “not user friendly”. If it’s just IPTV you require, just get a MAG box.

Title
    Thanks
    Thaks to all of you,

Best regards,
    Personally I would have gone for the Octagon SF8008, blows away the Vu+ Zero 4K and will be much better suited for your IPTV needs.

Title
    Thanks

Not gonna happen unfortunately. Problem is the Vu+ doesn’t support the QT Webkit and no Driver support either.