Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combining Sky EPG with Saorsat

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    My point is the example file belongs to a Sky, UK scan, so nothing to do with Saorsat. So something is wrong somewhere in the hardware, not the software in my opinion.

Please post a debug log with extra debug enabled. If you are not sure there are instructions in the sticky.
    Last edited by Huevos; 13-08-18 at 14:44.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Can someone else also post debug and example files? This will help confirm things.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Huevos (13-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, apologies for the delay in replying.

I've switched on the logging. It complained on restart about missing or corrupted Satellites.xml. It was was held in etc/tucbox. I can't upload the Satellites.xml file due to its size.

I deleted the existing bouquets and regenerated them with logging on. Upon completeion, it complained that there was no NIM for Saorsat. Logging attached.

Also attached are the regenerated EXAMPLE files.

Hope this helps locate what I've done wrong.

Title
    Thanks
    Do I just modify the example file to point the channels to the number I want to use?

HTML Code:
    <configuration description="RT One" channelnumber="161" lcn="161"/>

<configuration description="RT2" channelnumber="162" lcn="162"/>

<configuration description="TG4" channelnumber="163" lcn="163"/>
    The above are entries in the Sky Example file which I want to replace with the Saorsat channels.

The Sky Example file, is the Freesat channels (Astra 28.2E) presented to replicate a Sky Channel List. I want to replace the three above empty channels with their Saorsat equivalents.

Do I just modify the Sky Exmaple file to remove the above three channels and then update the Saorsat Example file to remove all but the following:

HTML Code:
    <configuration description="RT One" channelnumber="5537" lcn="5537"/>

<configuration description="RT2" channelnumber="5538" lcn="5538"/>

<configuration description="TG4" channelnumber="5539" lcn="5539"/>

<configuration description="RT One+1" channelnumber="5540" lcn="5540"/>

<configuration description="Oireachtas TV" channelnumber="5541" lcn="5541"/>

<configuration description="RT News Now" channelnumber="5542" lcn="5542"/>

<configuration description="RTjr" channelnumber="5543" lcn="5543"/>

Then update the channel numbers as follows:

HTML Code:
    <configuration description="RT One" channelnumber="161" lcn="161"/>

<configuration description="RT2" channelnumber="162" lcn="162"/>

<configuration description="TG4" channelnumber="163" lcn="163"/>

<configuration description="RT One+1" channelnumber="###" lcn="###"/>

<configuration description="Oireachtas TV" channelnumber="###" lcn="###"/>

<configuration description="RT News Now" channelnumber="###[/B]" lcn="###"/>

<configuration description="RTjr" channelnumber="###" lcn="###"/>

Is it as simple as this?
    Last edited by Xiaomi; 21-08-18 at 13:17.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    No, you don't do anything with the CustomLCN file. That is for allocating LCN's where none exist. You use a CustomMix file to exchange between providers.

But anyway first we need to know why your hardware is scanning the wrong satellite.

Do you definitely have a setup for 9A Ka-sat? Please post a grab of your tuner config for that satellite.

Title
    Thanks
    Will do - but needs to wait until the weekend.
    Is there a config file that I can upload for the tuner setups?

As I said previously, there is no transponder setup for the Saorsat service, so I had to manually set up the transponder. Could that be related?
    It does not appear to hold this information when I examine the tuner setup. However I am able to view the channels!

Title
    Thanks
    The Satellites.xml file was indeed corrupted as I noted in post 18. This resulted in the tuner status being incorrect. I've generated a new one for just 9.0E and 28.2E. I then manually added the Saorsat transponder as follows:

<transponder frequency="10765000" symbol_rate="25000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="1"/>

and it picked up the channels. It would nice if this could get added to the generator.

So, I'm currently reinstalling all the programs and then I'll run ABM again. Then I'll need to read up on the Custom Mix file generation.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I added the Ka-band satellites a few days ago. No one has ever requested them until this point.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...cb5538f0cR2225

ABM is not going to work with the parameters you have in your satellites.xml. Use the satellites.xml from github and do a proper tuner config for Ka-sat LNB type in the advanced setup.
    Last edited by Huevos; 26-08-18 at 02:55.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Xiaomi (26-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Can you help me with the settings in the Advanced menu for this and 28.2 please?
    I'm sorry, but I can't pick up Saorsat with these settings. What have I done wrong?

The new satellites.xml has the following:

Code:
    <transponder frequency="12475000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="0" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="2" />
    </sat>
    <sat name="9.0E Ka-band Eutelsat 9B &amp; Ka-Sat 9A" flags="1" position="92">
    <transponder frequency="20185000" symbol_rate="25000000" polarization="2" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="1" />
    </sat>
    <sat name="10.0E Ku-band Eutelsat 10A" flags="1" position="100">
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Xiaomi; 26-08-18 at 14:26.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    111.jpg

Like that, plus whatever DiSEqC commands your switch requires to route to the LNB.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Xiaomi (26-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Okay - working through it again. It was a bit more painful than I thought. Was going to give up until I found the correct info in the header of sat_0090_saorsat.xml - I don't have KA-SAT option which was causing the confusion.

<!-- The Saorsat LNB must be correctly set up in advanced tuner settings to enable Ka band reception. Select LOF: KA-SAT if this setting is available in your Enigma 2 image, otherwise configure the local oscillator frequency manually as follows:LOF: User definedLOF/L: 0000021200LOF/H: 0000021200Threshold: 0000021200 -->

Title
    Thanks
    Done an update and found KA-SAT.
    However, it is not picking up a signal for the KA-SAT whereas it was for 10.765 with the same diseqc setup.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    The reason you don't have the option is because you are not using OpenViX.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    The reason you don't have the option is because you are not using OpenViX.
    I've got the option for KA-SAT now - I needed to do a software update.

Title
    Thanks
    KA-SAT is not picking up a signal for me. Can you inform me why this would be or what I need to post in order for it to be debugged?

I've noticed that there is a provider number mismatch between Satellites.xml and sat_0090_saorsat.xml. The former refers to Sat position = 92, whereas the latter refers to an orbital position of 90 - which is the same as the Ku band satellite.

Also, Saorsat requires a DVB-S2 receiver - I notice that the saorsat.xml is referrinf to a DVBS streamtype - is this the correct option as I could only see dvbt and dvbc as alternative options?

Here is some info from wiki on the Saorsat setup - might it be better to switch to the "fake" frequency 10.765 vertical as many other possible users of this may only have this option - indeed I am struggling to get it to work with the 20.185 transponder setup.

Parameters are:

KA-SAT @ 9E[12]
    20.185 GHz, Left Circular Polarisation,
    DVB-S2 QPSK,
    SR 25000 with 2/3 FEC[13] (was 1/2 FEC which allows about 25 Mbit/s data, about the same as the Terrestrial Mux),
    Irish spot (there are 82 spots on KA-SAT)
    It's likely a second carrier will be used to carry material on the second Terrestrial PSB mux. The second DTT mux is running with no services on many sites and there is a second DVB-S2 carrier in the same part of the Ku band for Internet Services using SR 50000 with adaptive modulation and FEC.

Any DVB-S2 HD satellite receiver can in theory be used to receive Saorsat as the Ka band LNBF converts to a regular IF in the 950 MHz to 2,100 MHz band. If the receiver does not have a setting for the Ka band LNBF Lo, then a "fake" frequency 10.765 vertical rather than the real 20.185 may be entered when using the Inverto LNB with local oscillator of 21.2.

Saorsat.jpg
    Sky28_2.jpg
    Sky28_2_Signal.jpg
    Saorsat_Signal.jpg
    satellitesXML.jpg
    Saorsat_provider_file.jpg
    Last edited by Xiaomi; 02-09-18 at 15:31.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast