Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Faulty CPU

Title
    Thanks

Faulty CPU

Hi

I purchased a MB micro last year from WOS. It had a few issues at the start with a black screen but i thought nothing of it. Now the HDMI port comes up no signal sometimes on a reboot and the screen will go purple. I have tried various cables, tvs and it will work for half an hour or so then itll freeze and on reboot it will say no signal. I have reflashed with just the basic openvix latest and tried older images too and the same thing happens. I have read this could be a faulty CPU as this will usually effect the HDMI port. Anyone know how i go about getting this replaced as it says the MB come with 2 year warranty from WOS?

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Contact Wos as if it is a common thing they will know about it and sort it out.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As cactikid has said. Contact WOS. HDMI ports on the TV or the box can be damaged if you plug them in with the Tv/box powered up. I always make sure power is turned off when plugging/unplugging hdmi leads.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Will do.

Would a damaged HDMI port not display these symptoms consistently. It is really intermittent. It will work for hours then if a reboot is initiated it will show the Miraclebox logo on the screen as if it is booting and then just go black screen and say "no signal"

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If box got hot its also possible to loose a connection and if cooled down would then connect.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    If box got hot its also possible to loose a connection and if cooled down would then connect.

Unfortunately does it from cold boot as well having been off for days but appreciate your input thank you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcmullan8 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (08-08-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The reason i mentioned it as i had a box and when hot had the issue,so yours is cold points to something else.