Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only audio on channels with 5.1.032

Title
    Thanks

Question Only audio on channels with 5.1.032

Hello,
    I upgraded my Gigablue Quad to OpenVix 5.1.032 but I have no pictures and only audio on my channels.
    I tried different resolution, I've tried to reset to factory default and to start from scratch but nothing changed.

I had to rollback to 5.0.32 to have my box working.

Do you have some suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    It has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. My advice is to contact Gigablue directly as it looks like a driver issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

kowalski (06-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    thank you for the prompt reply, I'll search in the forum... For the moment I've to stick with 5.0.32

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a GigaBlue UHD QUAD 4K on 5.1.032 you only get a picture if you set the display to 2160p all the other settings will leave you with a black screen. It does look like a driver issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dntaylor View Post
    I have a GigaBlue UHD QUAD 4K on 5.1.032 you only get a picture if you set the display to 2160p all the other settings will leave you with a black screen. It does look like a driver issue.
    Not true ..... my UHD Quad 4K runs at 1080p quite happily...... and I run the latest drivers/images..... watching the Panny plasma at 1080p at this moment

You need to post your audio/video settings and sat config and TV config(model, set up)
    Last edited by twol; 06-08-18 at 20:58.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I have tried the settings on both TV sets my Samsung lcd 24" and my LG 55" OLED with the same results. If I set it on 1080 i/p you get a black screen showing only menus. There must be an issue with this because so many people have been posting about it. You must be one of the few that it is not effecting with your brand of TV.

I have also noticed the transcoder is not working when selecting AAC to AC3 watching Freeview HD. When I play it through my amp using the optical output of the receiver you get no sound.
    Last edited by dntaylor; 06-08-18 at 22:23.

Title
    Thanks
    Well I have tried the settings on both TV sets my Samsung lcd 24" and my LG 55" OLED with the same results. If I set it on 1080 i/p you get a black screen showing only menus. There must be an issue with this because so many people have been posting about it. You must be one of the few that it is not effecting with your brand of TV.

I have also noticed the transcoder is not working when selecting AAC to AC3 watching Freeview HD. When I play it through my amp using the optical output of the receiver you get no sound.
    The other posts are talking about the MIPS boxes.
    If this was a common problem the people on the other forums would be yelling their heads off (Giga 4K has been around and has a more significant presence over here ... and they don‘t keep quiet) Also both my Giga 4K‘s (Quad & UE) currently work at 1080P ... one to the panny one to a 2160 monitor.
    (Ref Freeview, I need to check but seem to remember an issue with their audio setup.... will check and come back

What amp are you using????? I assume you are going Giga -> receiver -> TV??? Or?????

Lastly have you tried another image ..... this a multiboot receiver, so you can flash another partition and flip between them to test.#

Just seen other posts by you.... so you are using a freeview tuner not a sat tuner?? Or both?? WHich pnp tuner are you using for freeview?
    Last edited by twol; 06-08-18 at 22:48.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. My advice is to contact Gigablue directly as it looks like a driver issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've contacted Gigablue from their website (reporting a bug menu), I'm waiting for a reply.

I use my Gigablue Quad on a Samsung MU6400 TV but it seems a box issue, the box's menu is visible and also the audio, only the pictures are missing.

p.s. I've tried teamblue 6.1 and I got the same problem.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kowalski For This Useful Post:

dntaylor (08-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Unlike on the other forum post (which you have posted on) talking about the HD51, the Giga4K does (at least in the image) have the capability to support AAC (either passthrough or downmix) and AAC Transcode (off, AC3 or DTS)
    So to get AC3, I guess you have tried combinations of both AAC downmix and AAC transcode (AC3) together?? both with hdmi and optical?

Just trying to clarify.
    As commented earlier would be worth trying to flash say OpenPli and seeing if there is a difference.(OpenATV code is very similar to OpenViX)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

dntaylor (08-08-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks twol for your reply,
    I have tried all combinations as you suggested with no success. When I get some time I will try flashing OpenPli to see if it works on that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dntaylor For This Useful Post:

twol (08-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    @dntaylor - ref the TV picture what brand/model amp are you using? And is it between the sat receiver and TV or does the TV go direct to the TV??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have got the optical out of the sat receiver going directly to amp (Denon AVR 2805) and the HDMI going directly to TV, also I have an optical output of tv going to amp.
    Last edited by dntaylor; 08-08-18 at 13:00.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dntaylor For This Useful Post:

twol (08-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    @dntaylor can you record a HD video/audio stream of about 5 mins from say BBC1 and post the .ts files so I can have a play on my boxes?
    Downloaded some AAC test streams and depending on the envelope I can play most of them directly, so would like a Freeview stream to play with!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Where do you want me to post the video file in it's original format the file size 222mb?
    Last edited by dntaylor; 08-08-18 at 19:11.

Title
    Thanks
    Where do you want me to post the video file in it's original format the file size 222mb?
    Try zipping it and posting it here (go to advanced and then upload & attach the zipped file in line- not sure if there is a file limit.
    Just in case I will PM you with my email address and you can attach it to an email (my UK email provider has no file size restrictions) or dropbox and send me a dropbox link to my email.
    Look for the PM.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast