Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to add a new transponder

Title
    Thanks

How to add a new transponder

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up my hd51 and although I had it working previously I've now lost one of my satellites.

I have Astra 28.2E and saorsat 9.0E feeding into a multiswitch with 28.2 going into sat A and saorsat going into sat B. If I go into the signal finder I can obtain a signal reading for sat A, but none for sat B.
    I know the cabling to the mutant is correct as it worked previously directly into the TV.

I've tried manually tuning it in with the correct transponder settings but nothing appears. I am using a simple diseqc setup with 28.2E Astra mapping into input A and 9.0E onto diseqc input B.

What am I doubt wrong and is there a way to add a new transponder to the default list?

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    What tuner config have you used? I'm pretty sure you will have to use advanced as it is not a regularLNB.

It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

Title
    Thanks
    The image is Open ATV not VIX. I didn't think that was appropriate place.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is predominantly the forum for openvix but some members have openatv knowledge and may drop in to help.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    He is referring to section of forum to use.
    Process of adding a transponder is the same, whichever image a person uses. You add an entry in satellites.xml. You then place the xml file in /etc/enigma2. The one in etc/tuxbox/ is the system copy and gets updated. Even better to add the missing entry to Lyngsat/Github so that others benefit too. However, I am sure the issue is not missing transponders, but tuner configuration.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Xiaomi (22-07-18)