Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimo4K Display Issues

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Guys, I can't find out exactly what formats my TV will handle, so I have emailed Samsung Support asking the question, will let you know what they say...……...Spevs

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Reply from Samsung Support

In regard to your query, your TV has an 8-bit panel. Hence, it can only accept a maximum 'Colour Depth' of 8-bit from HDMI external devices. Though, your TV can support RGB 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:2:0 in an 8-bit 'Colour Depth' once 'HDMI UHD Color' is set to 'On'. Go to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > HDMI UHD Color.

A bit more testing to do now............Spevs

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, after hours of testing, due to the intermittent nature of the problem and so many things to change, I appear to be going round and round in circles, so I have given up on my Ultimo 4K. One last thing, if there are any other Ultimo 4K users looking at this, the temperature of the CPU on my 4K was generally in the 60+ degree area, I see from the WOS spec sheet for the 4k ambient temp range should be in the region of 15 - 35 degree's. I have two Solo2's which generally run around 40 degree's but as these are not an AMD chip, I would be interested to know what other Ultimo 4K users boxes are running at..................Spevs

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spevs View Post
    Well, after hours of testing, due to the intermittent nature of the problem and so many things to change, I appear to be going round and round in circles so, I have given up on my Ultimo 4K. One last thing, if there are any other Ultimo 4K users looking at this, the temperature of the CPU on my 4K was generally in the 60+ degree area, I see from the WOS spec sheet for the 4k ambient temp range should be in the region of 15 - 35 degree's. I have two Solo2's which generally run around 40 degree's but as these are not an AMD chip, I would be interested to know what other Ultimo 4K users boxes are running at..................Spevs
    Mine is usually between 65 and 71°c

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

spevs (07-08-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, that's about where mine was running, so I can put the overheating theory to bed as well........Spevs

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well the next step is to try your Ultimo4K on another 4K tv (ideally a different model to your tv).

Not easy I know, but atleast then you can confirm if your Ultimo4K is causing the issue or not.

Another option is to try your box in 1080p mode and see if you get the same problem, although this won't fully rule out an issue with your tv or the ultimo4k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12