Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recording crashing on box please help

Title
    Thanks

Recording crashing on box please help

Hello everyone was wondering if anyone could help me. I currently have the hd51 with a hard drive installed and when I try and record my box will freeze and not record at all and I have to restart the box by keeping hold of the power button on the front of the box u till it restarts. I have multi room from my iptv provider so I know that’s not the problem. I have my settings set to record to my hard drive ect also. If anyone knows a fix for this I would really appreciate it as it’s so frustrating thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    If you can record successfully from satellite, then you know it is an IPTV issue. Even though you have multiroom, it doesn’t necessarily mean you can record. IPTV is very hit & miss when it comes to recordings. You are probably best enquiring with your supplier about the IPTV and if its possible to record. You’ll find most providers hate e2 boxes, so you may have yo tinker with your IPTV channel list and play about at changing different ‘Service Types’ to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I have recorded to a usb without any problems in the past also I’ve recorded a channel while watching another without any problems. I’ve only just recently installed the hard drive initizilised it ect now when I press record it just crashes straight away. Do you have any idea how I go about changing the service type mate thank you for your reply

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Firstly, does it crash while recording from a Satellite source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I couldn’t tell you sorry mate as I haven’t got any satellite source connected to my box just have iptv running through it only. I’ve initizialised the hard drive and set it up to save to my hard drive is there anything else that I’ve missed out on the settings. Thanks for your help Andy top man ��

Title
    Thanks
    As nobody ever had this problem before it’s so frustrating as far as I can see everything is set up perfectly just soon as I press record the whole box crashes and I have to restart the box. Surely this is a common problem with enigma2 hard drives and someone knows a fix been sat here for hours trying everything without any joy ��

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Can you attach the crash logs?

Title
    Thanks
    How is this done mate I haven’t got a clue tbh. It just freezes soon as I press record we’re do I go for the crash logs thanks for the reply aswell mate I’m losing me mind trying to figure it out ha

Title
    Thanks
    Hello everyone I decided to disconnect my hard drive from inside the box and try to record to my usb but I got the same problem it’s froze with the blue circle in the corner so I had to do the restart. Guessing by this that it’s not a problem with my hard drive but a problem with the settings somewhere causing it not to record. Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this been at it for 9 hours now and still no closer ha

Title
    Thanks
    Hello I eventually figured out what the problem was. I was using service app which changes the player from the original enigma2 player to extplayer3 and read on another forum that it’s not possible to record when using serviceapp which is very frustrating as because when I don’t use service app a lot of my hd channels are laggy and freeze a lot but when service app is on everything runs smooth without any problems but can’t record does anybody know of an alternative for this please thank you