Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Record timer not cleared when deleted

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
OpenViX 5.1.029 (2018-06-19)
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Record timer not cleared when deleted

Title
    Thanks

Record timer not cleared when deleted

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a timer to record the current event (I use "Single EPG" -> Add timer...)
    (recording starts immediately as current event is in progress...)
    2) Menu -> Timers -> Timers -> Delete timer created in step 1
    (recording will stop...)

After this sequence the following can be observed:
    Menu -> Standby and restart -> "Deep standby" will report that "Recordings are in progress or about to start..."
    Any power timer with an action of "Deep standby" will fail to put the box in deep standby

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I noticed that yesterday, what with Wimbledon, Tour de France, World Cup, etc, I was creating timers as you'd said, and going to deep standby in the late evening came up with the same message, despite there being no recordings in progress/imminent.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I was changing the finish time of some of these timers to be very late in the evening, and was getting rid by deleting from movie list rather than timer list.

Maybe there's a global "end of recordings" time set somewhere which doesn't always get updated when timers are deleted?

I tried to power off to deep standby before some of these timers would have ended normally.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enf70 View Post
    Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a timer to record the current event (I use "Single EPG" -> Add timer...)
    (recording starts immediately as current event is in progress...)
    2) Menu -> Timers -> Timers -> Delete timer created in step 1
    (recording will stop...)

After this sequence the following can be observed:
    Menu -> Standby and restart -> "Deep standby" will report that "Recordings are in progress or about to start..."
    Not for me (on 5.1.031.003 - but I can't remember any recent changes in this area).
    My box happily shuts down...
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    To stop the Recordings are in progress or about to start message when trying to go to deep standby

Go into your Menu/Setup/Recordings, playback & timeshift/Timeshift settings and set "Stop timeshift while recording?" to no.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant For This Useful Post:

enf70 (17-07-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    To stop the Recordings are in progress or about to start message when trying to go to deep standby

Go into your Menu/Setup/Recordings, playback & timeshift/Timeshift settings and set "Stop timeshift while recording?" to no.
    But when that setting is already set to no, something else is causing it.

It's only happened once to me in the last couple of years, so no big deal, but it's strange that it did happen.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I was changing the finish time of some of these timers to be very late in the evening, and was getting rid by deleting from movie list rather than timer list.
    The quickest way (in terms of button presses) to stop current recordings is to press Record and chose from one of the options.

Maybe there's a global "end of recordings" time set somewhere which doesn't always get updated when timers are deleted?
    There isn't. There's no such concept as "end of recordings". Recordings are either currently in progress or not. If they aren't then you just look at the start time of the next recording (the head of the list) to see whether it is "soon".
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Not for me (on 5.1.031.003 - but I can't remember any recent changes in this area).
    My box happily shuts down...
    I've upgraded today to the latest version (OpenViX 5.1.031 (2018-07-11)) and retested.
    Same behaviour as with 5.1.029.
    I have "Stop timeshift while recording" set to "Yes".
    I'll retest with it set to "No".

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post

That's it. Thanks Valiant!
    "Stop timeshift while recording" = NO
    solves the issue.

Still a bug as this setting shouldn't impact removing active record timers but good to know what it is.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    …. it's been know about for ages....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post382929

Still doesn't explain why it happened to me on Sunday, I'll have a try at reproducing it when it's quiet.