Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Bouquet sort order not being preserved (Xtream Editor)

Title
    Thanks

Bouquet sort order not being preserved (Xtream Editor)

Hi,

• Gigabue Quad
    • OpenVix 5.1.031
    • Xtream Editor

Does anyone know if ABM, OpenWebIF and XTream Editor play nicely together? The EPG data from my Xtream-Editor provider shows fine in the "Guide" (EPG) however the bouquet order is a bit random so I decided to browse to my box and use the "BouquetEditor" in OpenWebIf to move things around.

In the Bouquet Editor screen I can do everything I need to, re-order bouquets, rename them, delete others etc. I can click on the "Reload" button and all appears well. Jumping over to "Television > Bouquets" tab in OpenWebIf shows the bouquet list with all the edits I made Great, all good so far.

However some time later (I'm trying to get a more accurate figure for that, but usually no more than 10 minutes) - the bouquet sort order is back to where it started - all my changes have been reverted.

I have ABM installed in order to generate FTA bouquets for 28.2 as opposed to IPTV, but it isn't set to run on a scheduled basis. XTream editor IS set to import EPG updates every hour but I'm 99% sure the problem I'm seeing happens before the hourly run. Maybe I'm wrong...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I've noticed the same when changing the order of bouquets using OpenWebIF.

What I've found is that swapping bouquet1 and bouquet2 around, say, only works if you drag bouquet1 down (or drag bouquet2 up) - I can't remember which one "sticks" without trying it again.

I could never get it to work from within the ViX menu.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I've noticed the same when changing the order of bouquets using OpenWebIF.

What I've found is that swapping bouquet1 and bouquet2 around, say, only works if you drag bouquet1 down (or drag bouquet2 up) - I can't remember which one "sticks" without trying it again.

I could never get it to work from within the ViX menu.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm beginning to wonder, despite my original 99.9% certainty claim, whether each refresh from XTream Editor ignore the edits I've made and "splats" its own bouquet order and naming on top of my hard work. I've temporarily disabled hourly downloads in XTream editor to see if my changes stick for longer (i.e; more than a couple of hours).

Title
    Thanks
    Confirmed. It's down to XTream Editor.

The bouquet sort order I create using OpenWebIf is absolutely fine for hours - then I run an XTream Editor EPG download and instantly all my bouquets are back to being in some psuedo-random-order.

I can use OpenWebIf to "import" the bouquets I backed up when they were in the correct order and once again order is restored. But I'd rather not have to do this manually every day. Does anyone know what the "bouquet import process" is doing? The bouquet backup file is a tarball containing a 'tuxbox' folder with some XML files relating to satellite frequencies and an 'enigma2' folder with the ABM and XTream Editor .tv files.

Presumably I need to copy at least the contents of the enigma2 folder (the bouquet files) to somewhere on my box?

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    Thanks
    Minor update: Our XTream provider reminded me that there's a "custom channel editor" feature, where I can login to the XTream-Editor.com site and re-order the IPTV "groups" (bouquets). D'oh.

Which gets us closer, but each time XTream Editor runs a scheduled EPG import it still overwrites any ordering I do with OpenWebIf's Bouquet Editor. After an EPG update from XTream the EPG ends up with the ABM bouquets first and then the XTream bouquets.

But my ultimate goal is to "mix & match" bouquets in the EPG so I might have "News (ABM)" followed by "News (XTream)" bouquets for example. Sadly though as I say, whenever XTream Editor pulls an EPG update it also seems to overwrite the bouquets as well.

If anyone knows of a hack to XTream editor to tell it to ignore importing its bouquets when it performs a scheduled EPG import I'd be delighted to hear!

Cheers,

Steve

Title
    Thanks
    Can't you export the abm bouquets to xtream editor website and reorder them as you want them.Then import them back to box with the xtream plugin.
    When u do that, then turn off abm Schedule scan.
    Press menu in the xtream editor plugin to export the abm bouquets
    Last edited by delly2024; 18-07-18 at 14:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Your provider may argue but why not just use Suls plugin to provide IPTV bouquets from your provider.
    You can tailor the bouquets very easily (you are probably talking 1st time of a couple minutes to edit the XML file output from SUL) and it remembers the changes)
    Its really painless and creates bouquets from multiple provider sources.
    A very fast painless solution that also provides as output source for the EPG Importer plugin so you get an EPG as well.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delly2024 View Post
    Can't you export the abm bouquets to xtream editor website and reorder them as you want them.Then import them back to box with the xtream plugin.
    When u do that, then turn off abm Schedule scan.
    Press menu in the xtream editor plugin to export the abm bouquets
    That sounds like exactly what I need to do.

Sadly though I don't seem to have anything that would allow me to "export the abm bouquets to xtream editor website". On the page where I re-order the XTream groups (bouquets) and channels, there's nothing about uploading or importing.
    Last edited by steveharman; 18-07-18 at 15:18.

Title
    Thanks
    You do it with the plugin on the box go into the plugin when in the plugin press menu on the remote control and you will see export dvb channels

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks! Do you know, I'd often wondered what that option is for. Despite the perfectly clear title! :-)

Oh. That gets me an "Import not enabled" alert. Perhaps something to do with my XTream sub ?
    Last edited by steveharman; 18-07-18 at 15:36.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure why u get that mate maybe it's to many channels
    Simple way to test it is with abm do a scan on abm and just pick a few bouquets to bring in there's a setting in abm to set which ones you want to bring in