Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image issues - help please

Title
    Thanks

Image issues - help please

I would appreciate your advise please.
    Every morning i have the same problem when i start using my receiver.
    I have an Xtrend 9200 with OpenVix 5.1.
    There is a softcam error message on screen.
    I don't know why i get this message every day.

Also, every day whenever i change channel using iptv i get the spinner appear
    and spin 2/3 times, if i want to change channel again i have to wait for the spinner again to
    spin and stop etc. This happens every time i want to search through the channels.
    Any help with this would be appreciated also.

I am using version 21 of the 5.1 image but do not want to flash a new image because for some
    strange reason i am unable to use the suls e2m3u2bouquet plugin with any Vix version i have
    flashed other than the version i am already using and it is so frustrating. I can install the plugin
    successfully and enter my 'user details' but when i select 'Run' (yellow button) nothing happens,
    no import of channels begins and no bouquet is created. This is frustrating as i say because on the
    image i have already in use version 21 (from March i think) it works well and i am able to use the plugin and
    'Run' successfully.

I love Vix but it is frustrating having the error message every day, the constant spinner on literally everything i do
    including plugin use and now i have a plugin which cannot be operated on any other version of the image other than the
    existing one in use.

Can anyone help at all please?

It would be great if possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's an untrapped error due to /tmp/frozen not being found.

Offending code is this as no check is done to see if file/folder exists.

That doesn't help you though. Need to know what is causing this file/folder to not be created (which looks like it should have been done by code in line 809).

At first thought, I'm thinking ran out of space on flash therefore can you telnet/putty in and type following code (and post back with results) :
    Code:
    df -h
    Last edited by bbbuk; 09-07-18 at 18:54.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

giorgoulla99 (09-07-18)

Title
    Thanks
    @bbbuk - appreciate your advice.
    here is the result of the command executed as you instructed...
    just in case it is relevant i just wanted to let you know that up until
    earlier today my flash memory was more than 99.5% full.
    May not be linked to the issues i'm having but just in case i wanted to let you know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You are lucky the receiver is booting at all. If you have picons or epg data in the flash remove them to make space.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I believe it is due to lack of space on box (that is why I asked).

Do you know why it's full? Do you have EPG, picons and timeshift stored on your box? If so, you would be better moving them to your HDD (mine is setup this way).

If not it's probably full due to number of plugins (maybe even skins) you have installed!

Low space can cause loads of other issues including problems with saving bouquets (including from suls e2m3u2bouquet).

PS:

As @ronand said, you're lucky you're not having way loads more problems including booting up.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 09-07-18 at 20:39.

Title
    Thanks
    Really appreciate your insight into the reasons for these issues.

I didn't realise that a flash memory that is virtually full can be the cause of
    the problems.

I have managed to get my flash memory up to 10MB but i assume that is still
    not enough and means i'll end up with issues again.

I haven't got any picons at all and don't use timeshift but i will have to check the epg data
    but i'm pretty sure it is set to my usb.

The memory is full due to the plugins that are installed, i assume.

Is there any easy option available to expand or increase the available flash memory or am i
    looking at a replacement receiver as these issues are frustrating and make using the receiver such a pain.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You can try the flash expander plugin. Or cheat and install an image on openmultiboot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

giorgoulla99 (10-07-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies if this is a silly question but how would i go about installing an image on openmultiboot?
    I have read that the flash expander plugin is pretty difficult to set up and something could mess up
    if not set up correctly so i haven't tried this...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The guide is here
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ultiboot-Guide

However, your receiver has plenty of flash memory (200+ MB). You need to look at what you have installed or where the plugins you are using are downloading to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ronand (10-07-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How many plugins have you installed (either from feeds or manually) that's not included in default vix image install and which ones?

There is another option you can use but tbh unless you have a backup of image, I wouldn't risk doing it. I wouldn't even risk doing a backup tbh as not sure it would work with so little flash.

If you HAVE a known confirmed/working backup then you could try following commands from telnet/putty:

Code:
    init 4
    mv /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins /media/hdd
    ln -s /media/hdd/Plugins /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins
    init 3
    This puts box to sleep and moves your Plugins folder from flash to your HDD and re-directs any access requests to plugins on flash to the HDD location instead.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 10-07-18 at 20:12.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

giorgoulla99 (12-07-18),Willo3092 (10-07-18)

Title
    Thanks
    @bbbuk - i have the following plugins installed: Mediaportal, KodiLite, TSMedia, IPTVPlayer, Backupsuite, EPG Import, IPTV Bouquet Maker, MediaInfo,
    i can confirm i have never had any issues with creating and reflashing backups - i have about 50 backups which i must get round to reducing!
    i appreciate the instructions you have posted for me to move the plugins to the HDD. Do i execute all this command (ie: all 4 lines) together at the same time or one line at a time? Sorry if it's a silly question. Is there a downside to doing this and is there a way of reversing it in case of any future issues...just so i know for peace of mind before i proceed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Check your epg data location - you previously stated that it MIGHT be on the usb stick but this is full so may have reverted to internal flash.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

giorgoulla99 (12-07-18)

Title
    Thanks
    my usb is full. where should i look for the epg data and once located what do i do? if i delete it will i still get the epg updated?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You run the commands one at a time and there is no easy way of undoing it. Those commands were around since days of DMM boxes that had hardly any flash so left with practically no flash left with just basic image and no real plugins.

You would probably be best with flash expander as mentioned by @abu.

To find your epg, try following commands (one at a time):
    Code:
    cd /
    find -name epg.dat
    Last edited by bbbuk; 12-07-18 at 18:35.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Menu/Setup/EPG/Settings will tell you where your epg is stored.

Why not use a bigger usb drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast