Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Internet Connection Problem

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes

Thread: Internet Connection Problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Internet Connection Problem

Hello
    Could there be a problem with the Network function of VIX?
    The Network setup for Ethernet is straightforward and all the tests on completion show a connection.
    Both DreamboxEdit and FileZilla can access the sat receiver.
    However, when I try any menu action from the VIX menu that requires the internet, such as check for a software update, I get an error message saying:
    Your Vu+ Duo2 has no internet connection and suggests I check the ip address/port and cables.

Really strange. Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E2Royal View Post
    Hello
    Could there be a problem with the Network function of VIX?
    The Network setup for Ethernet is straightforward and all the tests on completion show a connection.
    Both DreamboxEdit and FileZilla can access the sat receiver.
    However, when I try any menu action from the VIX menu that requires the internet, such as check for a software update, I get an error message saying:
    Your Vu+ Duo2 has no internet connection and suggests I check the ip address/port and cables.

Really strange. Any ideas?
    Sounds like there is a problem with either the configured router address (which would stop you getting off your home network) or your DNS resolver (which would stop the box resolving names, which it will need to do for those services).
    Or both of these.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for that.
    I occasionally do find I lose my internet connection from my Win10 PC and troubleshooting says DNS resolver problem no ip address.

By tuning the Virgin modem on/off always fixes the problem.

Does not fix this issue.

I'll look at the settings everywhere

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E2Royal View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I occasionally do find I lose my internet connection from my Win10 PC and troubleshooting says DNS resolver problem no ip address.

By tuning the Virgin modem on/off always fixes the problem.

Does not fix this issue.

I'll look at the settings everywhere
    hard rest your router may help. disconnect the box first, hard reset and let router boot up, plug box up with ethnet cable and wait. you may need to restart bo
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Internet Connection Problem

Are you using any IP/DNS options that are unique/different/ less well known?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My network arrangement is as follows:

Virgin Media Modem only to Netgear R7000 Router to another Netgear R7000 with VPN all in series.

Title
    Thanks
    do u have a dns server running on your network such as Pi-hole that could be blocking the domain name being resolved.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    on the box are DNS and gateway IP showing the IP of your router? gateway must point to your router, DNS can. For DNS you can also use 8.8.8.8.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Did you resolve this issue?

Just bought a Gigablue UHD UE 4K from WoS which came with this version of OpenVix and am seeing the same behaviour. Network config all looks fine, I can access the box through telnet and openwebif and package update through webif appears to work - all of which suggests it does have internet access. But the GUI interface claims no internet access when I go to the software update or plugins menu.

Cannot see any activity in the router log (openwrt) when I choose the menu options. Don't know how it is determining if it has internet access.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahQuark View Post
    Did you resolve this issue?

Just bought a Gigablue UHD UE 4K from WoS which came with this version of OpenVix and am seeing the same behaviour. Network config all looks fine, I can access the box through telnet and openwebif and package update through webif appears to work - all of which suggests it does have internet access. But the GUI interface claims no internet access when I go to the software update or plugins menu.

Cannot see any activity in the router log (openwrt) when I choose the menu options. Don't know how it is determining if it has internet access.
    Access to googles dns? I vaguely remember having this issue when blocking googles dns.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tkr001 For This Useful Post:

JonahQuark (27-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    Access to googles dns? I vaguely remember having this issue when blocking googles dns.
    That's the problem. I'd redirected google DNS requests to my own server years ago when using a Chromecast to watch US Netflix. Removed the rules on my firewall and it's all working now.