Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Pip solo 4k

Title
    Thanks

Pip solo 4k

On my solo 2 I used to be able to use PIP and make the picture full screen but still getting the sound from the other channel.

For example if watching football on a euro sat and then using pip to get English comms from uk sat.

Since moving to a solo 4K I can longer get this to work, I’m sure it was called big PIP before but when I choose that both pictures are still on the screen.

Also when using PIP on 4K channels like TRT it does not work properly and stutters.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    I found the below on another forum but can only find a pyo file and not py. I'm not familiar with python and opening the pyo file in a text editor doesn’t seem correct.

Can anyone help

HOWTO GUIDE - MODIFY PIP AND HAVE AUDIO PIP

Let's modify the PiP plugin for the AudioPip:

We connect via FTP to the VU+ and access /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

There you will find the file PiP Setup.py
    This is the software that allows us to manage the PiP window

We are going to edit it:

At the beginning of the file we find the following:

Code:

fromScreens.ScreenimportScreen
    fromComponents.ActionMapimportNumberActionMap
    fromComponents.LabelimportLabel
    #thisisnotsogreat.

MAX_X=720
    MAX_Y=576
    MAX_W=MAX_X*3/4
    MAX_H=MAX_Y*3/4
    MIN_W=MAX_X/8
    MIN_H=MAX_Y/8
    The MAX_W, MAX_Handparameters are those which indicate the maximum size of the PiP window and as we see, it isl imited to 3/4 of the total size of the screen.

Change these two lines

Code:

MAX_W=MAX_X*3/4
    MAX_H=MAX_Y*3/4
    leaving them as well (only change these two lines,we leave the rest of the file as it is):

Code:
    MAX_W=MAX_X
    MAX_H=MAX_Y

We will thus allow the PiP window to reach the total of the screen.

Once edited the file restart the VU + so that it catches the new configuration.

If we now return to open the PiP and then wear e going to expand the PiP window will allow us to reach the total of the screen.
    If we are changing the channel, we will continue seeing the PiP window but we will hear the sound of the main channel which is below.

Well, we already have the AudioPiP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dpullen87 For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (18-06-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can find latest vix .py files from github https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...ns/PiPSetup.py copy all the text and paste in notepad ++ save as same name .py. Do your edits and send to box, make sure you save a copy of the original .pyo file

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

dpullen87 (18-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    You can find latest vix .py files from github https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...ns/PiPSetup.py copy all the text and paste in notepad ++ save as same name .py. Do your edits and send to box, make sure you save a copy of the original .pyo file
    Thanks for the reply, should the edited .py file replace the current .pyo file?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes it should compile to .pyo on boot that's why I suggested saving the original .pyo incase of errors.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

dpullen87 (18-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Yes it should compile to .pyo on boot that's why I suggested saving the original .pyo incase of errors.
    Will give it ago tomorrow and report back, thanks for taking the time to help

Title
    Thanks
    editing the py etc all worked and compiled on reboot but I'm still unable to acheive full screen for the pip picture.

This used to work why has it been changed?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpullen87 View Post
    editing the py etc all worked and compiled on reboot but I'm still unable to acheive full screen for the pip picture.

This used to work why has it been changed?
    Could be to do with the fact its a different chip architecture and the Solo4K drivers ... hardware pip implementation varies between brands and brand models.... unfortunately because it worked once doesn‘t mean it will always work
    Last edited by twol; 19-06-18 at 16:18.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Could be to do with the fact its a different chip architecture and the Solo4K drivers ... hardware pip implementation varies between brands and brand models.... unfortunately because it worked once doesn‘t mean it will always work
    can it be fixed?

Title
    Thanks
    can it be fixed?
    Sorry no idea..... it took Vu+ a while to get quadpip to work with audio in all 4 quadrants
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Will quadpip be added to Vix?
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    Thanks
    Will quadpip be added to Vix?
    Quadpip is a ViX feeds downloadable plugin for Vu+ 4K and Giga4K boxes that support it.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    On my solo 2 I used to be able to use PIP and make the picture full screen but still getting the sound from the other channel.

For example if watching football on a euro sat and then using pip to get English comms from uk sat.

Since moving to a solo 4K I can longer get this to work, I’m sure it was called big PIP before but when I choose that both pictures are still on the screen.

Also when using PIP on 4K channels like TRT it does not work properly and stutters.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Anyone managed to get this to work yet?
    Vu+ Solo 4k
    45.0W - 52.5E
    OLED55C6V

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    This is the answer from Erik Slater on another forum

The SoC of the solo4k has the same limitation. Not because it's budget, but because it was the first 4K SoC from Broadcom.

Playing audio and video is not something the CPU has anything to do with. I am not familiar with the details (because they're heavily NDA), but the overall concept is that the A/V section of the section has a certain maximum bandwidth and a certain amount of channels (that can be used to transport like anything and can be bonded as well, if I understood correctly). A video decoder needs a certain amount of bandwidth to operate. Apparently it also needs more bandwidth when the size is bigger and/or the location is more the right/bottom hand side. So the PiP decoder cannot be enlarged or located random at will, certain combination would require too much bandwidth on the SoC.

Back to your first comment: the SoC has just one audio decoder and it's linked to the first video decoder. You cannot have audio with the second video decoder, simple as that.

You may be confused by the quadpip function, that seems to have four audio decoders, but it only seems like that, all audio device nodes connect to just one audio decoder, in the end, so you can just listen to one service at a time. The difference is that this audio decoder can be connected to any of the four video decoders, which non-quadpip decoders can't do (nor can the quadpip decoders when not in quadpip mode).

The SoC in the ET9x00, indeed, was the only SoC that could decode two audio streams in parallel, which I already mentioned.

So, conclusion. If you want to have audio of the second decoder, you can't. If you try to work around it trying to enlarge the PiP window to full screen, only a handful of receivers can do it. But it won't buy you much, as the second video decoder (PiP) is free-running, it's not synchronised to any audio, so audio and video will always be several seconds apart.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dpullen87 (02-08-18),twol (02-08-18)