Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Watch recordings through MB-to-MB-share

Title
    Thanks

Question Watch recordings through MB-to-MB-share

Hi there!
    This is my very first post in this forum and I hope to get some help with my problem here, as I haven’t found any googling around...
    I have two Miracleboxes, one Ultra and one Micro, and in my Ultra I have an internal hdd used for recording.
    Now I would like to watch these recordings on my Micro (assuming that this should indeed be possible...).
    I have tried different ways and settings in the mount manager, but I can’t seem to get any files in my file browser.
    As I have been fiddling around with the settings I have successfully gotten two entries in mnt/net with two of my entered share names apparently... (I have tried way more than two times though...).
    It feels like I have been “almost there” as these share names have at least become visible in the file browser, although they are completely empty apart from a .fstab-file. The problem with investigating these settings further is that the folders showed up some time after I already changed the settings again... So I don’t know what settings made them appear.
    Have anyone made a successful Miraclebox-to-Miraclebox-connection and been able to watch content from one on the other? If so, would you please be so kind giving me the exact steps of accomplishing this?
    I have tried NFS and CIFS share and also mounting with both enigma2 and with FSTAB.
    Waiting to hear from one of you satellite pros!

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, forgot to mention I am using Miraculous on both boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    install samba on the miracle box with the recordings and mount the samba share on the other box.

you need to give the root user a password for it to be able to work.

just the boxes a password using the command below, then just enter your password
    HTML Code:
    passwd root
    I recommend you don't use NFS even though its a better protocol as i had a lot of issues with using it, so suggest you use only samba.
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 04-07-18 at 21:34.