Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Receiver - Advice please

Title
    Thanks

New Receiver - Advice please

Hi, i've owned an Xtrend 9200 for many years bought from WOS and it has been very reliable
    to use but now it is time for an upgrade. It has become too slow and it is frustrating to select a
    new channel when scanning through my channel list only for the spinner to come on for a few seconds
    after every channel change. The same thing happens when selecting a plugin to use as well as it is slow to open
    and use the plugins. It also takes about 2 mins for a reboot although it seems a lot longer. The audio sync when
    using iptv is completely out of sync also. (same on 2 different providers).

I would really appreciate some recommendations for a replacement twin tuner mips receiver which will work in
    exactly the same way as my Xtrend does with all plugins and easy use of iptv subscription service added either via
    telnet/putty or via a userbouquet file. I currently use the ET Control Centre and would like to continue
    using this with the new receiver. I am looking for the best in picture quality, H265 for future use, a fast boot up and
    to be able to use the plugins (Mediaportal, KodiLite, TSMedia, iptv player, EPG Import, Suls IPTV Bouquet Maker.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Not sure what sort of budget you have in mind, our two best selling latest generation 4K receivers below:

Mutant HD51
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

Gigablue UHD UE 4K, comes with 2x fixed Satellite FBC tuners and a spare tuner slot, worth the extra of the HD51
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gigablue-uhd-ue-4k

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’ve had a Mutant HD51 for approx 18 months. It has never missed a beat in this time. I now have 2 of them.

This is a arm receiver though not a mips as you mentioned.
    Last edited by Ashley69; 11-06-18 at 13:09.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Really appreciate your comments and recommendations.
    Budget is not an issue as i really do want to choose the very best both for
    pic quality, audio and ease of use with my current iptv and plugins in the
    same way as i currently use my Xtrend. Also has to be fast and quick to boot up
    please. Definitely has to be a mips receiver though, not an arm.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoulla99 View Post
    Definitely has to be a mips receiver though, not an arm.
    Why, because that is restricting all your “wants“
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would have asked why is box so bad and have you tried a new image and setup from scratch again? Boxes over time get sluggish so a revamp might be all you need?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (29-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I picked up a Mutant HD51 a couple of weeks back and I was amazed how much quicker it felt than the Formuler F1 or even my GI LX3 which is one of the fastest MIPS receivers out there!

EPG Import is an example which absolutely screams on the ARM receiver compared to the MIPS based one.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank goodness I found it on this post
    Hello guys, I'm Sherry from JSON formatter team. Our project is impossible game (Hope your help) . Nice to meet you!

Title
    Thanks
    Having read some of your posts, can i ask what is the difference between mips and arm receivers?

Sorry if it's a silly question.

Does it make a difference to the plugins that i need to install and the use
    of iptv subscriptions and softcam installation etc? Or does this not make a difference at all?
    I am looking to use the ET Control Centre for ease of use being familiar with it for years it is easier
    for us.

The best pic and audio quality is definitely a must and a very fast boot up and quick channel changes
    and plugin use.

So, maybe i should consider arm receivers also, i've just been used to the Xtrend and it being a mips
    receiver and how easy it is to install everything i need.

Apprecaite all your comments which has been a great help...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I would have asked why is box so bad and have you tried a new image and setup from scratch again? Boxes over time get sluggish so a revamp might be all you need?
    I have tried different images. I had used OpenATV, OpenPli for a long time but after deciding to try Vix i found it to be the best.

Title
    Thanks
    Having read some of your posts, can i ask what is the difference between mips and arm receivers?

Sorry if it's a silly question.

Does it make a difference to the plugins that i need to install and the use
    of iptv subscriptions and softcam installation etc? Or does this not make a difference at all?
    I am looking to use the ET Control Centre for ease of use being familiar with it for years it is easier
    for us.

The best pic and audio quality is definitely a must and a very fast boot up and quick channel changes
    and plugin use.

So, maybe i should consider arm receivers also, i've just been used to the Xtrend and it being a mips
    receiver and how easy it is to install everything i need.

Apprecaite all your comments which has been a great help...
    I understand where you are coming from having had most of the Xtrend boxes over the years (ET9200, 8000, 10000, 8500 and still have an ET7500).
    In general the Arm boxes are faster and have more capability depending on the chip, drivers and manufacturer! You should also find that most of the actively used plugins will run on Arm, some older plugins that have not been updated recently may not.
    IPTV with Suls IPTV Bouquet Maker works fine.
    I believe the plugins mentioned should all work .. if not I am sure somebody will correct me!
    If you need a softcam, then you have to change to Oscam (or a derivative) ... really the only big change.
    I have no idea about ET Control Centre (as I have never used it),regardless of all my Xtrend boxes ... I have always used putty/telnet/filezilla etc
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

giorgoulla99 (12-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I understand where you are coming from having had most of the Xtrend boxes over the years (ET9200, 8000, 10000, 8500 and still have an ET7500).
    In general the Arm boxes are faster and have more capability depending on the chip, drivers and manufacturer! You should also find that most of the actively used plugins will run on Arm, some older plugins that have not been updated recently may not.
    IPTV with Suls IPTV Bouquet Maker works fine.
    I believe the plugins mentioned should all work .. if not I am sure somebody will correct me!
    If you need a softcam, then you have to change to Oscam (or a derivative) ... really the only big change.
    I have no idea about ET Control Centre (as I have never used it),regardless of all my Xtrend boxes ... I have always used putty/telnet/filezilla etc
    Your feedback is much appreciated and very helpful to us.
    So, if i am open to both mips and arm receivers which would be the best
    taking into account what i am looking for in a replacement receiver so it
    does exactly what my Xtrend does - only better and faster - especially picture quality and must
    have the 'Audio Sync' plugin option...
    I haven't learnt how to install and set up oscam so this may be a problem for me
    i'm only familiar with cccam set up so maybe it may not be a good idea to switch from
    mips to arm.
    Finally, will KodiLite, MediaPortal, TSMedia and Iptvplayer be able to be installed as well as the usual
    extras like EPGImport? If yes, then i will definitely be open to arm as well as mips.
    Last edited by giorgoulla99; 12-06-18 at 15:20.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Vu+ Duo 2 if sticking with Mips. If you are brave and willing to learn Oscam, then the Mut@nt HD51 is a no brainer and a beast of a machine and an absolute steal at the current price point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Your feedback is much appreciated and very helpful to us.
    So, if i am open to both mips and arm receivers which would be the best
    taking into account what i am looking for in a replacement receiver so it
    does exactly what my Xtrend does - only better and faster - especially picture quality and must
    have the 'Audio Sync' plugin option...
    I haven't learnt how to install and set up oscam so this may be a problem for me
    i'm only familiar with cccam set up so maybe it may not be a good idea to switch from
    mips to arm.
    Finally, will KodiLite, MediaPortal, TSMedia and Iptvplayer be able to be installed as well as the usual
    extras like EPGImport? If yes, then i will definitely be open to arm as well as mips.
    have no idea about Kodilite (thought that was dead?), but with the Mut@nt HD51 and the Vu+ boxes you have the full Kodi plugin, the rest of the plugins shouldn't be an issue.
    Googling CCcam to Oscam conversion might help on softcam issue.

With your needs I would also plump for the HD51.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast