Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Official ViX Bug Tracker - where is it?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Official ViX Bug Tracker - where is it?

Title
    Thanks

Official ViX Bug Tracker - where is it?

Where is the main ViX bug tracker? All I can find is:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/issues

and going by the small number of submitted and closed bugs, that isn't the one.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Official ViX Bug Tracker - where is it?

We have a bug section in the Developer part of forum.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    But does everyone have at least read access to it?
    If not, there's no way for any non-developer to know what has already been reported.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (18-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Developer part of forum is only accessible to the testers/moderators/admins. It goes without saying, if you are not part of these groups, you can't see it.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated tracker, considering the code base seems to differ quite a bit from the other E2 projects (ATV, etc).

Developer part of forum is only accessible to the testers/moderators/admins. It goes without saying, if you are not part of these groups, you can't see it.
    What's the reason for that?

The structure between the core opendreambox/E2 project and ViX/ATV/Pli/etc isn't too clear either. I was told in the opendreambox/E2 irc channel that their development/fixes only extends to official Dreambox kit.

I wouldn't expect Dream Multimedia to spend time and money on issues not affecting their own hardware, but is there any common codebase where ViX/ATV/Pli can push upstream patches?

Just trying to get an idea on how the projects interact with each other.
    Last edited by scanline; 18-06-18 at 19:37.

Title
    Thanks
    DMM were the first Enigma image. They took Vu to court several years ago and went closed source. That left PLI. ViX branched off PLI, OpenAAF (now openATV) branched off OpenVix.

Some of us among the ViX team tend to cherry pick/push to OpenPLI as most teams cherry pick from them too. We also try and keep changes that are universally acceptable and minimise specific workarounds.

Tere is no common codebase. Nor a definition of what drivers should do.

There is no intended secrecy. Remember, the images started up before GitHub etc became common place and things have stayed that way.

What would you like to report?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

el bandido (18-06-18),scanline (24-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    DMM were the first Enigma image. They took Vu to court several years ago and went closed source. That left PLI. ViX branched off PLI, OpenAAF (now openATV) branched off OpenVix.

Some of us among the ViX team tend to cherry pick/push to OpenPLI as most teams cherry pick from them too. We also try and keep changes that are universally acceptable and minimise specific workarounds.

Tere is no common codebase. Nor a definition of what drivers should do.
    Thanks for the background info.

What would you like to report?
    A couple of things;

Has ViX dropped support for 4:3 TVs? The screen aspect ratio option was removed from the Audio/Video settings at some point. ATV still has it.

This looks like the revision in question:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...3e4caee6f323c5

I've got an old bedroom TV and I don't like stretchy-vision, so I've tried rolling back the changes.

The aspect ratio option is back. No apparent problems so far setting it to 4:3, but I've only tested SCART output.

Now a more tricky one; my Octagon SF228 has a completely repeatable recording glitch (video corruption and audio blip) that always happens when recording two overlapping programmes - but only when they're both on the same channel.

The glitch is only on the second recording, at the exact moment the timer for the first ends. It doesn't show up in any other situation. Ffmpeg reports an error in the file at that point.
    recording_overlap_glitch.png
    Hashed section is where the recordings overap.

I tested a Vuplus DUO2 (ViX 5.1.019) (terrestrial UK) and couldn't reproduce it. It's not clear if it's a SF228 hardware limitation or an E2 bug that only shows up on that receiver.

Just wondered if anyone else has reported this?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scanline For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (20-06-18),jim_easterbrook (27-12-18)