Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABM - Request to add Salisbury Transmitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

ABM - Request to add Salisbury Transmitter

Hi,

This is my first post to the forum, so I hope that it goes OK!

I have just purchased a Vu+ Duo2 running Enigma2 (OpenVix 5.1.028) that is configured with two dual DVB-T/T2 Tuners to receive Freeview (UK).

I am having trouble in obtaining the correct Freeview channel LCN order. My local transmitter is Salisbury, which does not appear as a standard option in the tuner setup. I have now added the Salisbury transmitter details to the terrestrial.xml file. The tuner now shows Salisbury as a local region and the tuned channels appear to be correct, including HD. I believe that ABM can put the channels into the correct LCN order but the Salisbury transmitter is not available in the ABM tuner setup. Reading previous threads I believe that ABM needs to be modified. Attached are my terrestrial.xml, lamedb & lamedb5 files.

Can you help please?

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeeJayCee For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-06-18),cactikid (09-06-18),Sicilian (09-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You do not need to have your area listed in Terrestrail.xml. UK > UK all regions should be fine for most people. Individual areas need to be listed only if you get bleed from nearby masts. The only benefit if there is no bleed is speed of scan.

I have added the details
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...172980dc833f2c
    Please update the config in ABM's menu and then try again. You may need to select any area first before you can update.

In ABM, we usually just list the PSB 1 frequency (used for BBC One SD) for tuning and the HD frequencies. The other frequencies are added only if there is a clash with neighbouring masts or bad data on the signal stream.

Please post back with results.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (09-06-18),Huevos (09-06-18),Sicilian (09-06-18),TeeJayCee (13-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Many thanks for the quick response. I have updated ABM's config and Salisbury region is now listed and I have re-scanned. Unfortunately, all of the SD channels are now tuned to the wrong multiplex freqs and therefore not the Salisbury region. HD appears to be OK. Perhaps I should have said that I do normally get bleed from nearby masts using my old 'Toppy' tuner (SD only), which is why I have had to work out the appropriate MUX freqs. On the VU+ Duo2, adding Salisbury MUX freqs to terrestrial.xml did at least force the standard tuner setup to scan and pick up the correct region channels. Is there anything more that you can do?

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to add to my post above, ABM appears to be tuning in to the Rowridge transmitter, which Salisbury may be a relay station of. Also, for me, Rowridge signal strength is not high enough to be usable. Attached is a copy of the new lamedb, if required.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Please try the attached file, the custom transponders have been added.

1. Transfer to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    2. Delete providers.cache from the same directory.
    3. Rerun ABM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

TeeJayCee (13-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have transferred the file terrestrial_uk_freeview.xml (the Mux freqs appear correct to me), deleted providers.cache and rerun ABM as requested, but this has not made any difference. I have tried it a couple of times and rebooted just in case, but for some reason ABM is still not tuning to the Salisbury Mux channels. Is there anything else that could be tried?

Thanks.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Post the debug log with extra debug enabled.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

TeeJayCee (13-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks for replying. I selected Extra Debug in the ABM settings and then re-scanned. Attached is the abm.log file. Hopefully it's what you are after.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, debug log please. It is slight;ly different to ABM log. See following thread https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...port-questions

Please try with this file. I have added the 634 frequency as a custom frequency too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

TeeJayCee (13-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have tried the updated file but ABM it's still not tuning into Salisbury Tx.
    Thanks for the link on how to generate a debug log, which is attached.

Thanks.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TeeJayCee For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (10-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Can you do the following please (sorry for repeating what you know already):

Ensure debug logs are on. Restart to activate it if necessary

Install Terrestrial scan plugin. (Ignore this if you will be using command line for the next stage)
    Menu > Green (download plugins) > Scroll to "System plugins" > OK to expand > Scroll to "terrestrialscan" > OK to install > Confirm the installation

Delete lamedb file so that we start from scratch. Two methods of doing this:

Option 1.
    Channel up > Green (satellites), highlight "Terrestrial - Services" > Menu > Remove terrestrial services > OK to confirm > Restart

Option 2.
    Paste the following commands
    Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-terrestrialscan && init 3

Use the terrestrial scan plugin
    Menu > Setup > Tuner config / service searching > Terrestrial scan > Leave as default > Green to scan

Restart receiver using the remote

Check channels from different muxes are working without issue

Attach lamedb files and debug log to this thread
    lamedb files will be in /etc/enigma2
    debug log will be in home/root/logs unless you changed the setting

18. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

TeeJayCee (13-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me. No problem in repeating any instructions - I am new to the likes of Enigma2 and appreciate the help!

Just to let you know that over the last couple of days I have been looking at the stations I can receive and they appear to be a mixture of the required Mux and bleed through Mux services (that seems to take priority as far as the LCN numbering goes) . I have deleted the the unwanted channels and rearranged the order of the ones that are left. Things are in now in a state where I have started to set up timers to record shows etc. Although, I guess that when I next do a rescan I will lose this bouquet setup. Thanks for your instructions. doing a scan from scratch seems a good idea. I will give it a go over the next couple of days and will report back.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    As requested, I have followed your procedure (using the command line option) and have attached the 2 debug log files that were produced plus the lamdb file. I now get the correct channels from my local transmitter. I have checked the channels on different muxes and they seem to be correct, plus no duplicates from any neighboring transmitters. I haven't touched AMB or edited bouquets as the channels now seem to be in the correct order anyway. Many thanks for your help! I will see how it goes. If I need to rescan In the future, do I need to follow the same procedure (which takes a while to scan through all of the mux freqs) or can I use ABM?

Thanks again.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeeJayCee For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-06-18),Huevos (16-06-18)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Your hardware is incapable of differentiating between system="0" and system="1" so it is scanning all muxes as system="0". So in the provider file I am having to guess a bit.

Load the provider file and do another ABM scan. Should work fine. If not we can easily just reinstate your original lamedb file.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

TeeJayCee (16-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks for the terrestrial_uk_freeview file. I have copied the file to the VU+ and tried an ABM scan but unfortunately I now back to having the unwanted channels from the neighboring Tx. I still have a copy of the previous lamdb file, so what is the best way of reinstating it?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast