Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can you mix DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X tuners? Any known issues?

Title
    Thanks

Can you mix DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X tuners? Any known issues?

Hi,

I just bought a new HD51 yesterday while upgrading my system.

I picked up a dual tuner DVB-S2 machine, and wondered if it's possible to replace one S2 tuner with an S2X tuner or do I need to replace both?

Are there any known driver / HDMI handshake issues as when I turned the TV on the picture had a pink hue and the only way I could clear it was by a full reboot of the HD51.

Version wise it is on the latest available (ie USB flashed 5.1.027 and software updated to 5.1.028).

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by aido; 03-06-18 at 09:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I have both tuners on my HD51, no issues.
    You might check the bootmode (should be mode 1 normally for most images) but mode 12 is used for the hardware pip.
    Look at /boot/STARTUP file it will have the bootmode... if ViX - OpenPli is diiferent
    Mode 12 has caused issues for me.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

aido (03-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Twol - I checked the bootmode and it's still in bootmode 1 but is a fresh image.

All I've stuck on so far is the vHannibal Autosettings and the e2m3ubouquets script.

I see that there is a new batch out with a new remote control, I still have the old one but will buy the new one (which is similar to the Formuler F1) if it becomes available

I'll wait until my dish gets put up again and then if I get a good arc I'll order one s2x tuner - thanks again

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks again @Twol, I finally got around to ordering and it arrived today and I've installed it - TRT4k was breaking up for me before with the DVB-S2 tuner but hasn't broken up once on the DVB-S2X tuner so it has given me the small bump in sensitivity I needed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aido For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-06-18)