Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: enigma2 dvb-s2x tuner fully supported?

Title
    Thanks

enigma2 dvb-s2x tuner fully supported?

I got a Gigablue Quad UHD sat box, with a new extra dvb-s2x tuner added some days ago.

Although not many channels exists, or at least those i can find (33e) , i cannot scan for those channels, as my Enigma2 tuner scanning options do not give me dvb-s2x tuner choice, or FEC options above 9/10 .

Anyone knows the status of this functionality, I seem to read that Octagon box can scan those channels with Enigma2, so im thinking, is this only a matter of dvb-s2x tuner support missing? maybe driver for my NIM (DVB-S2X NIM (TS3L10) (DVB-S2)) just do not have support for it yet?

Anyone into this, and use dvb-s2x functionality, maybe its just some menu i am missing? or?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You scan as normal. The entries shoul be in sat.xml file.

Title
    Thanks
    After new update on open vix my lcd no more clone live programme all the time like before how I should resolve? I want clone my watching program on lcd all the time and want to switch as I switch channels , I have latest image version for open vix and my unit is ultimo 4K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You scan as normal. The entries shoul be in sat.xml file.
    Thanks, so i can manually put new entries into this file, if the "manual scan" do not offer FEC 11/20.

I will look into this.

Title
    Thanks
    The DVB-S2X tuner in the receiver will need to be set to auto detect values such as fec.You may check and see if it is set to auto detect by using the signal finder and selecting different fec's on a good transponder that has a signal. The receiver is set to auto detect if the signal locks using different fec's. Signal finder may also be used to manually enter DVB-S2X transponders and scan them for channels. It is also is probably a good idea to use DVB-S2 instead of DVB-S for DVB-S2X transponders.

Avoid using a blindscan for DVB-S2X because the system will crash on almost all enigma2 images when the DVB-S2X transponder is logged. The crash happens due to (a) DVB-S2X is not defined, (b) The fec for DVB-S2X transponders are not defined, and (c) some DVB-S2X pilots are not defined.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help, i was looking at this morning, but i have no AUTO on manual seearch using FEC, but the predefined transponders are set to AUTO , so they might work.
    My problem here, seems to be that i am unable to get a signal at all from 33 east from my location, so i cannot test.

the one mentioned to be using dvb-s2x on 19 east i cannot locate either, i am not sure this one is already in the transponder list, i think information do not match for this one.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you post the details, people can try and replicate issue for you.

Title
    Thanks
    FEC can be set to auto in the Signal Finder and in the Manual Scan.

VIX_Signal_Finder.jpg

VIX_Man_Scan.jpg