Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Solo4k

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Solo4k

Hi guys
    after the litening storm the other night my solo4k seems to boot normal and on the tv i get the VU + screen when it starts to boot then nothing ( it says please check inputs) any ideal is it the main board, is it repairable or not worth sending it off??
    IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg

regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Have you tried a different hdmi port on your TV? A different hdmi lead? Change all these while the Solo 4K and TV/Amp etc are powered off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response Andy
    Yes disconnected the amp/receiver, plugged the HDMI lead from the television to the X3D Media player at the bottom, the video and audio works fine so that rules out the HDMI lead.
    But plugged the HDMI lead back into the Pioneer receiver/amp video ok but no audio so looks like it blow the amp as well as the solo4k,
    I still have my VUDuo2 in a box somewhere, I will get out if the solo is gone but seems strange that the front little tv is ok and when you switch solo box on its shows VU+ on the tv screen then nothing.
    so I have the tv HDMI straight into the solo4k box by-passing the home cinema.

regards

Title
    Thanks
    You could try reflashing the Solo 4K with ViX 5.1.027 and seeing if that is successful?
    Also of interest, is your TV 4K? If not, it could be that it is set to the wrong resolution or vice versa.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Andy
    Yes I re-flashed it today with no problems but still only on the little screen on the box nothing on the TV screen after the initial VU+ boot screen.

Yes The Pioneer receiver and the Lg Ultra Hd is 4K I bought last year and all been working fine until the storm Friday night.

regards

Title
    Thanks
    Bloody hell, looks like the main board has frizzled. Try your Duo2 to rule out your TV/Amp etc. For future I would connect devices through a surge protector.