Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HD swap discussion

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts

HD swap discussion

Thread to discuss any HD swaps that need tweaking. There are a lot of regions and we have done our best to check they are correct. But if you have noticed any errors please report them here.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    From what I've seen STV HD on 803 on Scottish West and East Midlands on 176.

For Scottish West maybe this
    Code:
    <channel number="103" with="803" conditional="'STV' in service_sd['service_name'] and 'STV' in service_hd['service_name']"/> <!-- STV HD -->
    But im unsure if we actually need all those conditional swaps as the header in swap section says <!-- swapchannels affects main and sections bouquets. "number" is the SD channel. "with" is the HD channel. Swap will not occur if target is not HD -->

So if ITV/STV HD is on 803 I dont think any other regions uses an HD channel on 176, Vice versa if ITV/STV HD is on 176 I dont think they will have another HD channel on 803

So maybe just use

Code:
    <channel number="103" with="803"/> <!-- ITV/STV HD --> 
    <channel number="103" with="176"/> <!--  ITV/STV HD -->
    I havent checked if all regions dont have an HD channel on 176 though.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-05-18),Huevos (28-05-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sky 28.2 East Midlands HD with no swaps - ABM 3.0 with latest provider update:

BBC1 HD - 115
    BBC2 HD - 802
    ITV Central West HD - 176
    CH4 HD - 138
    CH5 HD - 805

After enabling swaps all are correct apart from 103.
    101, 102, 104 and 105 are all swapped for HD versions.

103 is ITV Central East and 176 is ITV Central West HD
    Last edited by Willo3092; 28-05-18 at 23:23.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-05-18),Huevos (29-05-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I tested with scottish east region, it was fine. Didn't think scottish west would be different. Anyway, committed the changes

Maybe worth linking to this again
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...h-local-region

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Huevos (29-05-18)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I tested with scottish east region, it was fine. Didn't think scottish west would be different.
    Impossible for us to find every problem in 188 areas without users helping and giving feedback.
    Last edited by Huevos; 29-05-18 at 08:58.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Using the Humber region and the latest provider file, I get ITV Yorkshire West HD on 103 and ITV Yorkshire East on 176. If I revert the provider file to
    Code:
    <channel number="103" with="176" conditional="service_hd['bouquet_id'] in (0x1002, 0x1006)"/>
    Then it correctly gives ITV Yorkshire East on 103 and ITV Yorkshire West HD on 176. BBC1 is incorrectly swapped to HD on 101.

In the main list, ITV Yorkshire West HD is at position 10 rather than position 3 which it would have been if the hdchannelsontop and sdchannelsontop were still available

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Please do not mix up Swap with Order of HD channels.

Order of HD channels in HD and FTA HD bouquets was not used fully as it is too much maintenance. We stopped at the first 5 channels.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Using the Humber region and the latest provider file, I get ITV Yorkshire West HD on 103 and ITV Yorkshire East on 176. If I revert the provider file to
    Code:
    <channel number="103" with="176" conditional="service_hd['bouquet_id'] in (0x1002, 0x1006)"/>
    Then it correctly gives ITV Yorkshire East on 103 and ITV Yorkshire West HD on 176. BBC1 is incorrectly swapped to HD on 101.

In the main list, ITV Yorkshire West HD is at position 10 rather than position 3 which it would have been if the hdchannelsontop and sdchannelsontop were still available
    I still don't understand what you mean.

channelsontop only ever controlled the order of the channels in the "HD" and "FTAHD" bouquets. And it was a nightmare to set up for 188 areas where the channels were dotted here there and everywhere.

Please post your debug log with extra debug enabled.
    Last edited by Huevos; 29-05-18 at 14:41.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Humber is an area without an ITV equivalent, so on 103 we should have the SD channel for our area, with the current file we get ITV HD but for the wrong area (Yorkshire West). I believe BBC1 should be SD in all of England, only HD in Wales, Scotland and N.I. where there is the proper HD equivalent.

The channelsontop only needs to control the HD and FTAHD bouquets, the channels are well out of order now, not just in Sky UK but in VM UK as well. Here's a couple of screenshots that may help explain

First is with old files that include the channelsontop

withontop.jpg

next is with latest files that do not use channelsontop

withoutontop.jpg

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just scanned Sky 28.2 East Midlands HD with the latest providers config and all working as it should be. Thanks guys

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Huevos (29-05-18)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    @lincsat, I think you are confused about what HD swap is. If you want the official Sky line up use an HD area. HD swap is supposed to swap BBC One and ITV.

When you enable swap this is what the description says, "This option will swap SD versions of channels with HD versions. (eg BBC One SD with BBC One HD, Channel Four SD with with Channel Four HD)". Obviously we swap with the HD region provided. If your region doesn't yet have its own equivalent the substitute is used. This isn't a fault with ABM. This is what is intended and what is transmitted as a substitute by the broadcaster.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    But AIUI, the broadcaster only swaps where there is an equivalent HD, so in my area, Sky does NOT swap ITV or BBC1. In London for example it DOES swap ITV. So, again, AIUI, ABM should follow the official broadcaster.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    But AIUI, the broadcaster only swaps where there is an equivalent HD, so in my area, Sky does NOT swap ITV or BBC1. In London for example it DOES swap ITV. So, again, AIUI, ABM should follow the official broadcaster.
    ABM does follow the official list. Check the HD list. HD swap is an extra that goes even further.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

The channelsontop only needs to control the HD and FTAHD bouquets, the channels are well out of order now, not just in Sky UK but in VM UK as well. Here's a couple of screenshots that may help explain

First is with old files that include the channelsontop

withontop.jpg

next is with latest files that do not use channelsontop

withoutontop.jpg
    I dont have that issue with Sky UK North West Yorkshire Custom and Virgin UK 41053 (Leeds)

Sky UK HD bouquet.jpg

Virgin UK HD Bouquet.jpg

I get the same result with channel swap yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    @lincsat, I think you are confused about what HD swap is. If you want the official Sky line up use an HD area.
    Even with HD region I get 1 to 5 SD first without Channel swap.
    Last edited by dsayers; 29-05-18 at 16:31.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I dont have that issue with Sky UK North West Yorkshire Custom and Virgin UK 41053 (Leeds)

Sky UK HD bouquet.jpg

Virgin UK HD Bouquet.jpg

I get the same result with channel swap yes or no.

Even with HD region I get 1 to 5 SD first without Channel swap.
    Your area does have an ITV HD though, so your Yorkshire HD is correct, the official box would have ITV HD on 103 but BBC1 W. Yorks in SD on 101. Try setting the area to a different Yorkshire region that should not have ITV HD - with the latest files you will still get an ITV HD (so wrong local news). Then patch the file to get the correct ITV on 103 and the main bouquet will be wrong.

I've tried to patch back in the channelsontop code but I'm not a coder, so have failed miserably. I'll just have to use an older ABM to get it working as well as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast