Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Freeview EPG Issue

Title
    Thanks

Freeview EPG Issue

Hi All, as a newbie I have just taken delivery of a ET8500 with 2x T2 and 2 x S2 tuners. The S2 are not in use at the moment due to Sat feeds not ready! So, I got the unit up and running by following the guides available on the forum but have hit a snag with getting the Freeview EPG to load....???
    The T2 tuner in slot 'A' has scanned all the channels from Oxford and found 178 channels which seems correct and the EPG shows all these channels but they are orderedas they were scanned rather than as the Freeview EPG.
    I've tried to load the Freeview EPG data from AutoBouquetsmaker but when I scan it fails - timeout error..!!! I have attached screenshots of the error and setup screens.
    Can someone advise what I have got wrong and how to correct it so I can get the Freeview EPG showing and working?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    How is the signal wire connected to Tuner A?
    What is tuner A configured as?

How is the signal wire connected to Tuner B?
    What is tuner B configured as?

Please attach your lamedb file? You will find it in /etc/enigma2 on your receiver. You will need to zip it before you can attach it.

As a side note:
    Have a read of these threads. They'll come in handy to explain difference between EPG and Bouquets (once you have them).

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...s-and-Bouquets

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...and-Navigation

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, many thanks for the response and the links to the threads. Very much appreciated and now I know a little…
    Tuner A ‘In’ is connected direct via aerial cable to the incoming aerial socket. Tuner ‘Out’ is connected to my TV aerial in – TV finds all Freeview channels as normal. See screenshot of Tuner A settings.
    Tuner ‘B’ is not enabled yet! See attached screenshot. I decided to get Tuner A working then will add Tuner B.
    As requested I have attached a zip file with both Lamb files (lambdb & lambdb5) – not sure which one you needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to ask, are you sure your aerial is pointing to the Oxford mast? We need to select the mast your aerial is pointing to, not the channels you receive. Those frequencies do not tally with the one on ukfree (the website could be wrong, but has been mostly right)

Can I also ask you to:
    Make a settings backup
    Change the tuner configuration/miscellaneous entry for "ignore dvb-t namespace sub nertwork" to NO
    Scan again
    Restart
    Attach both lamedb files again

If you are receiving signal from more than one mast, you will have duplicate channels. Some of these may not work. If so, restore your settings backup to undo the changes by request above.

Title
    Thanks
    I’ll follow the instructions and post back this afternoon with the results.

Regarding transmitter, I’m 97% sure it’s the Oxford transmitter – it was already installed when I moved in, but it is pointing in the right direction and it selects Oxford as the strongest signal…! I have just checked the Freeview transmitter details https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Oxford and these are still showing the old previous Frequency Channels.
    We have just had to retune as the frequencies changed last week as shown on https://www.a516digital.com/2018/05/...hange-for.html. Shown below for assistance:

Oxford Beckley Transmitter
    Previous Freeview UHF frequency channel numbers: 53, 60, 57, 50, 59, 31*, 55*, 37 & 29 (Local TV)
    New Freeview UHF frequency channel numbers: 41, 44, 47^, 29, 37, 31, 55^, 56^ & 22 or 46 (Local TV)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodders450 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-05-18)

Title
    Thanks

Freeview EPG Issue

OK, I'll edit the file later. You can do it now on your receiver. Best to use Notepad++.
    We tune using frequency for BBC One.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Title
    Thanks
    I’ve followed your previous instructions and wasn’t 100% sure so made tuner config change then rescanned Tuner A, rebooted STB, then rescanned for Bouquet Freeview.
    Tuner scan found 218 channels some duplicates, but Bouquet still failed to scan – same error as my first post.

Lamb2.zip attached for info.
    Also screen shot of ‘Update Providers’ – Incompatibility message…???

Title
    Thanks
    Please set the namespace option back to default.

Please transfer this file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    Delete the providers.cache in the same directory.
    Run AutoBouquesMaker (ABM) again.

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant…!! Thanks Abu.

All working now! I assume the problem was because Oxford Frequencies had changed and you solved it by re-specifying the Oxford Frequency….???

Will this file now work for all UK Freeview transmitters going forward? The reason I ask is the STB is going on our Narrowboat and as we move around we will be frequently rescanning to the most local transmitter and then updating the ABM for that transmitter…!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    …. there's a list of known transmitters (I'm sure a link will be posted soon), so it could be that you'll have to plan your route carefully.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, the issue was the tuning parameter changing. We use the PSB 1 frequency which has BBC One. That entry is in the top part of the provider file.

At the bottom section, we have a custom transponder section. This is where the HD frequencies are listed. We also list the frequencies for areas where there is clash/conflicting data on the stream.

The thread with a script/plugin to read the frequencies is here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...annels-regions

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Rodders450 (29-05-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Just a quick question, are the tuning parameters above HD specific, because I'm having problems with SD channels breaking up.

I've been trying to work out what's been going on for ages, the tv works ok but my et10k sometimes doesn't.

Title
    Thanks
    No, not HD specific. TVs adhere to the groups scanning, Enigma2 does not.

Best to clear channel data, scan your area frequencies one at a time to confirm if this is the issue.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ccs (29-05-18)