Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Noob question about encrypted channels

Title
    Thanks

Noob question about encrypted channels

Hi,

I have just changed from watching FTA channels without any decrytion card plugged in. But now I have chosen to select channels individually, meaning that my provider (YouSee in Denmark) sent me a decryption card.

As far as I know, the integrated CAM module should be able to read the card, which is Viaccess encrypted.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Because it doesn't work out of the box for me. Encrypted channels with the encryption key icon cannot be decrypted. Do I need to do anything special?

IF I get it to work, then how do I make it work with softcam so that I can watch and record multiple channels at the same time? Or do you have to do anything at all?

Best regards,

Carsten
    VU+ Duo2 , 2 x internal DVB-C tuners, 1 Sundtek USB DVB-C tuner. 2TB WD hard drive

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You may have to install a softcam and your own configs.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You may have to install a softcam and your own configs.
    I don’t have the faintest idea of the content of this config file for my provider.
    If I purchase a card reader for slot 1 or 2, would this just work out of the box?
    VU+ Duo2 , 2 x internal DVB-C tuners, 1 Sundtek USB DVB-C tuner. 2TB WD hard drive

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    the internal reader reads only one exotic card without changes. I have my doubts that anybody still uses this method. You can use the internal reader with quite a few cards but you need a config for the softcam. If you use a CI cam there is a difference between CI and CI+. It might work but not necessarily.

You should search for "yousee config oscam". I found a list where yousee might be possible with internal readers. I found also a post in danish which I do not understand.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi again,

I have some progess about the encrypted channels. I finally got it working to view encrypted channels using a Yousee card reader.
    The next problem is now, that I can only watch/record one channel at a time. Does the oscam solve this?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No. Its a limitation of the CAM module that you are using. Thats normal.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    No. Its a limitation of the CAM module that you are using. Thats normal.
    What? I cannot Watch or record more than one program at a time? That ruins the whole idea about the recorder.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if you can find oscam config then put card in box reader.Then you can watch and record at the same time.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    The card does not work in the internal card reader, since it's a ci+. So as far as I know, I need the ci+ card reader module and insert it into the slot 2 bay.
    Does oscam only work with the internal card readers (slot 3 and 4)?
    And where do I find such config?

I need to know if there is a solution to this problem, because if not I need to revert to my old package with my provider before I get charged for making the switch to encrypted channels.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if it is CI+ then probably your card is paired with the module.Then only watching or recording.Bugger.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    That is really bad news. I need to switch back to FTA channels instead. Blah...:|