Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickkie View Post
    Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown.
    OK.
    That does seem to be what the code will do.
    The relevant line is:
    Code:
     elif self.afterEvent == AFTEREVENT.DEEPSTANDBY or (wasRecTimerWakeup and self.afterEvent == AFTEREVENT.AUTO):
    Looks like there should also be a "Screens.Standby.inStandby" check in the parenthetical test as well.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-05-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I've submitted a PR to fix it:
    Code:
     https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/259
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-05-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Re. leshay's problem: If I take the box out of standby during stage 2 above, I will also get a warning that the box is about to return to Deep Standby after the recording is finished and it starts a countdown. Unless I interrupt (exit) the warning the box will eventually go into Deep Standby.
    That's what I want it to do, the last recording of the day goes to deep standby if I've gone to bed.

I always wake the box up from "recording in standby" first thing in the evening, and never use, nor need to use, power timers.

I assume that "after event" set to "deep standby" won't be affected by this PR ?
    Last edited by ccs; 16-05-18 at 19:12. Reason: typo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I assume that "after event" set to "deep standby" won't be affected by this PR ?
    Shouldn't do - it only affects AUTO ones.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (17-05-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Shouldn't do - it only affects AUTO ones.
    My AutoTimers After Event setting is set at 'Standard' which I think is the default setting and they generate Timers with After Event set at Auto.

I run a couple of experiments (still on 5.1.026) to see what might affect this problem, although I did not enable logging/debugging yet. This is what I observed.

If the tuner is on a channel in the same MUX as that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, then the box wakes up from Deep Standby, goes into Standby, starts the recording, finishes it and returns to Deep Standby. Just as expected.

However, if the tuner is left on a channel in a different MUX to that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, the box wakes up, does its recording on the different MUX/channel, but it neither goes into Standby while the recording takes place, nor does it return into Deep Standby when it finishes. Leaving the box on with the disk running and buffering while no one is watching/using it, is not a reasonably expected behaviour.

I don't know if the behaviour is different with Mut@ant boxes with satellite receivers, mine has two terrestrial receivers only. I've only run the above experiment once, after I noticed that the box was not returning to Deep Standby reliably even on version 5.1.026. I'll update again to 5.1.027 to see if there is a difference.
    Kind regards,

Mick

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

birdman (18-05-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I only have terrestrial tuners on my et10k, the 1st recording of the day is always the local weather forecast (bbc1 sd), which is on a different mux to the wake up channel, which I've got set to be bbc1 hd.

As I said before, this works as expected most of the time.

I'll see if I can spot a pattern, although the shutdown channel mux is unlikely to be the same as bbc1 sd.

Title
    Thanks
    However, if the tuner is left on a channel in a different MUX to that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, the box wakes up, does its recording on the different MUX/channel, but it neither goes into Standby while the recording takes place, nor does it return into Deep Standby when it finishes.
    That sounds interesting - thanks. I'll take a look.

Leaving the box on with the disk running and buffering while no one is watching/using it, is not a reasonably expected behaviour.
    You can set a timeout on the disk spinning (and the default is not "never", IIRC). But I suppose if you have timeshift enabled that won't help...

Title
    Thanks
    If the tuner is on a channel in the same MUX as that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, then the box wakes up from Deep Standby, goes into Standby, starts the recording, finishes it and returns to Deep Standby. Just as expected.

However, if the tuner is left on a channel in a different MUX to that of the next timer when the box goes into Deep Standby, the box wakes up, does its recording on the different MUX/channel, but it neither goes into Standby while the recording takes place, nor does it return into Deep Standby when it finishes.
    The only thing I can see that would cause the latter behaviour is if the Timer type were set to "zap and record". It would prompt you to go to Standby at the end of the recording, but it would do that regardless of whether it had had to switch mux.

Title
    Thanks
    The only thing I can see that would cause the latter behaviour is if the Timer type were set to "zap and record". It would prompt you to go to Standby at the end of the recording, but it would do that regardless of whether it had had to switch mux.
    I just checked and the timers are set to "record".

I've updated to 5.1.027, run a test with recordings on the same and on different channel/MUX. The box will not return to Deep Standby or Standby no matter what. It's just left running and because I have Timeshift on, the disk keeps spinning no end. So, this can't be right.
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had a problem with going to deep standby ages ago, it was a timeshift setting, although I don't use timeshift.

Maybe this will help.....?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post382915

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I had a problem with going to deep standby ages ago, it was a timeshift setting, although I don't use timeshift.

Maybe this will help.....?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post382915
    Thanks ccs,

I use Timeshift, but my "Stop timeshift while recording?" has always been set to no.
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    I've updated to 5.1.027, run a test with recordings on the same and on different channel/MUX. The box will not return to Deep Standby or Standby no matter what. It's just left running and because I have Timeshift on, the disk keeps spinning no end. So, this can't be right.
    Not all boxes set the flags to say why they woke up. Those that don't don't know that they woke up for a recording.
    For the spinning disk, you could always set a Powertimer to shut the box down after <n> mins of inactivity (no key press...). Although if you use the box to watch live TV (I only have terrestrial TV, so just use the TV for that) that could also be annoying.

Title
    Thanks
    If the box notices that it has been auto-awoken for a recording. It writes this to the debug log:
    [Navigation] RECTIMER: wakeup to standby detected.
    so conversely if that is not there it won't go to Standby while recoding and won't shutdown at the end.

Title
    Thanks
    Not all boxes set the flags to say why they woke up. Those that don't don't know that they woke up for a recording.
    Actually this might have changed (or I might have always been looking at the wrong thing).
    The test seems to be, is the next recording one with "at end" == Auto, and does it start in the next 6 mins.

So if the box wakes up early (which is what usually happens on my MBtwin) it won't go to Standby.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all,

this may be completely off track, but I have been experiencing similar issues for awhile now on my DUO2. The DUO2 has 2 dual tuner DVB-T2 tuners, no satellite. I cant say for sure when it started happening unfortunately, but it does mirror what others have posted here. In pursuing another issue I was having with the WIFI on the DUO2 with a friend who is more Enigma2 knowledgeable than myself, we discovers that my current installed image was missing certain menus, the ones most obvious being under Setup/Network. My image only had Devices and Utilities submenus, and the Utilities sub menu was empty. Given this, and now not knowing how "damaged" the current image had become we decided to do a settings/plugins backup and then do a fresh USB 5.1.027 install. After the fresh install all the menu options were there, however once I restored my settings, they disappeared again, so I re-flashed and have manually set all of my settings and plugins. Since doing this the DUO2 has so far behaved with regards to deep shutdowns after recordings have finished, but manual recordings and via auto-timers. The After Event setting is set to default, no implied shutdowns. Prior to the USB flash update of 5.1.027 I had been doing online updates. I wonder if any of the others having issues have tried a fresh USB flash or if they are missing menu options.

I am still experiencing odd WIFI connection issues, but I will start a seperate thread for that.

Regards,

Craig

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast