Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Title
    Thanks

OpenViX 5.1.027 will not return to Deep Standby affter recording

Hi All,

I recently updated to OpenViX 5.1.027, which comes with kernel 4.10.12 and drivers 20180424 and noticed two problems related to waking up from and returning to Deep Standby:

1. When the box wakes up from Deep Standby by a timer to start a recording, the framebuffer switches on too and the front panel shows the channel the tuner is set at the time. If the TV happens to be on, then the program playing at the time is of course visible on TV. With previous OpenViXimages the framebuffer would not start up and the front panel remained switched off.

2. Once the recording is finished the box remains switched on, until it is put into Standby or Deep Standby manually.

Is this a known bug, or do I need to (re)set some setting in the menus?

PS. I used a couch-flash, but can try a USB flash too if needed.
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Once every week or 2, my ET10K wakes up from deep standby to record, but does not go back to standby during the recording.

(Most of my timers are set to go to deep standby after recording, and this always works.)

I'm not using 027 yet.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Somewhat related but quite distinctly different issue with my Power Timer.

In my case, I am getting constant dialogs to say a Timer wants to shut the box down (return to deep st/by) regardless of the box being in use for (sometimes hours).
    The Power Timer itself does seem to work OK, by waking up and recording and returning to deep stand by.

Example: box in deep standby (having woken up - recorded - returned to deep st/by), I arrive, start up box, watch live TV and/or watch a recording(s) - sometimes, maybe after several hours, up pops the dialog telling me that a Timer (presumably the latest one) wants to shut box down. If I am not there (making a cup of tea, feeding the cats etc) I can return to find the box has gone back to deep st/by.

I did once report this and was promised a fix, but many updates later, I still have the same issue.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    …. isn't that what it's supposed to do, shut down the box if it's not recording or you're not watching a recording?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In my case, I am getting constant dialogs to say a Timer wants to shut the box down (return to deep st/by) regardless of the box being in use for (sometimes hours).
    Sleep timer????

I have a power timer that puts the box into standby after 3 hours of not touching the remote. (and 10 minutes later another to put it into deep standby). If the remote is used the 3 hour time starts again.

The timer uses the sleep delay command.

The operation of this timer is identical to that leshay is describing in that after 3 hours of not using the remote to change something the timer kicks in with the warning message. The 3 hours is my user configuration.

power_timer.jpg
    Last edited by adm; 14-05-18 at 22:25.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

My Power Timer is set to go to deep st/by only if in st/by after 10 mins. So what is the connection between that and a dialog popping up after 2 or 3 or 4 hours whatever even if I am watching live TV or a recording?
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    The Power Timer itself does seem to work OK, by waking up and recording and returning to deep stand by.
    That would be a Record Timer, not a Power Timer. The pop-up message should (IIRC) say which it is, which might help track down what is happening.

My Power Timer is set to go to deep st/by only if in st/by after 10 mins.
    Is that the only Power Timer you have? If so, you should never see a prompt from it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    That would be a Record Timer, not a Power Timer. The pop-up message should (IIRC) say which it is, which might help track down what is happening.

Is that the only Power Timer you have? If so, you should never see a prompt from it.
    Hi

It is a Power Timer. As above, set to go to deep st/by after 10min only in st/by. The only one I have set up.

OK, the Record Timer wakes the box up, records and goes back to deep st/by (I don't know if it goes back to st/by and then the Power Timer puts it to Deep st/by)

In any case, I can't figure why the pop up dialog, (which does say a recording has ended and wants to shut the box down), occurs after such a long time while the TV has been in use, both live TV and watching recordings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi

It is a Power Timer. As above, set to go to deep st/by after 10min only in st/by. The only one I have set up.

OK, the Record Timer wakes the box up, records and goes back to deep st/by (I don't know if it goes back to st/by and then the Power Timer puts it to Deep st/by)

In any case, I can't figure why the pop up dialog, (which does say a recording has ended and wants to shut the box down), occurs after such a long time while the TV has been in use, both live TV and watching recordings.
    Speculation.......

Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions? The box has no knowledge that you may still be watching something and is behaving in exactly the way it would if woken up from deep standby, recorded a program and then gone back into deep standby.

I don’t see the same because all my timers are set for “auto” operation after a recording ends. I read the auto instruction as:
    i) If the box wakes up from deep standby to record it will return to deep standby afterwards.
    ii) If I’m watching TV and a timer recording starts the box will stay operational afterwards to let me continue watching TV.

If the timers have been set for “After event = go to deep standby” that’s exactly what they will do irrespective of what you may be doing with the box.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    If the timers have been set for “After event = go to deep standby” that’s exactly what they will do irrespective of what you may be doing with the box.
    If there's another recording running, or you're watching a recording, there is no dialogue.

When watching live tv, the dialogue gives you a 2 minute shutting down warning, which you can cancel.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    When watching live tv,
    or watching a previously recorded program(?)
    the dialogue gives you a 2 minute shutting down warning, which you can cancel.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    …. no idea what you mean.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    When watching live tv,
    or watching a previously recorded program(?)
    The box has no way of telling that you are watching. It is "on", that is all that it knows.
    Playing back a recording is something it can check, and it assumes someone is watching it.
    The two states are different, and hence are treated differently.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    In any case, I can't figure why the pop up dialog, (which does say a recording has ended and wants to shut the box down)....
    If it's saying that a recording has finished then it's a Record Timer.

This, from adm, seems to be the likely cause?
    Speculation.......

Could it be that you are watching TV for ,say, an hour and then in the background a timer recording starts for a program on another channel. When the recording ends you have told your box to go to deep standby and hence the message you see. The box is only obeying your instructions?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The box has no way of telling that you are watching. It is "on", that is all that it knows.
    Playing back a recording is something it can check, and it assumes someone is watching it.
    The two states are different, and hence are treated differently.
    I class "watching tv" as the basic state the box is in when you switch on.
    This "state" always goes to deep standby when timers end if that's what you've configured them to do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast