Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Two big problems - please help.

Iknowjack

Two big problems - please help.

Hello, I'm having a big problem with my F4 Turbo.

A lot of problems (such as falling asleep, and just not turning the dish) went away after dumping OpenVIX for OpenATX.
    The big problems that I have now is:

It will not receive signals from satellites unless they're close to Astra 28.2east.
    The satellites are there as I have used a satellite finder and get nice "bleeping" results. But it doesn't even flicker on the receiver.
    Any help or advice appreciated.

Also, it will not play a hard drive unless it is formatted with the receivers own format, which is not compatible with a pc.

Any help you can give with these two problems very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Iknowjack; 07-05-18 at 13:09.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I wonder if your info is slightly off,if your not seeing a signal on the sat your on [ signal finder ] on box could help as maybe it needs a tweak?
    Hdd formatted on box is for linux use,not sure if vlc was mentioned to play those files on pc?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Sounds like you have dish alignment issue, feed issue or motor. I have a F4 Turbo connected to a motor with no issue and its actually on a long coax run of about 25 meters.

Regards the HDD issue, I'm assuming you are using a HDD formated NTFS, if so you need to install NTFS drivers via online plugin feeds.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Iknowjack
    Ah ha' thank you for that info, very helpful.

Iknowjack
    Ok, drivers downloaded, go through the menu system and find the hard drive, on it find a mp4 file.
    Ahh,,, video footage starts, but I really didn't want this video file, so let's stop it and choose another.
    Stop the mp4 file and see it added to the play list. Everything you click on from now does not play, but on goes to the play list.
    So now open the menu, and choose go to play list, once there you have to open another menu to play what mp4 you want.

Really? Do they expect us to make a play list of the whole hard drive, and every hard drive?

What I want is to open a folder see the file click on and watch. I have looked for other media player software (download) but drawn a blank.
    Anyone know how to get over this over complicated problem?

Oh, as for the not receiving a signal when the dish is pointing at the satellite, still no joy, but now the dish refuses to turn, even to "go to 0".
    Here's my theory, (the dish always returns to 28.2east even if I don't want it to) so 28.2east all the way to 75east a load of satellites in between. As the dish turns it gathers info for every satellite on the way and the memory gets full (and doesn't dump), over loaded and just stops, jammed up.
    This happens with OpenVIX and OpenATV.

I have my global position correct, as set up on my other satellite receivers, they work, this doesn't. Any light you can shed on this would be helpful.

Title
    Thanks
    Loosing signal after shut down is real Problem. Try with new Bootloader from OpenAtv!

Iknowjack
    It's not loosing a signal, it never had it in the first place.
    The dish points right at a satellite but refuses to receive any signal at all. I point the dish at another satellite, nothing, then another nothing. Eventually, the dish refuses to even turn.

Iknowjack
    I have just asked this F4 Turbo receiver to point at 54.9east, it did and reported on the screen "no signal" although the sat finder I have in line bleeps nice and strong.
    I swapped receiver for an Openbox V8s, it found the satellite and found the signal and I watched a film on it.

I went back to the F4 turbo and the same again, no signal. I went to look at other satellites and it refuses to move the dish yet again.

Switched it off at the mains for about ten minutes. Fitted a new coax cable and a totally different motor just to get the exact same result.
    Sorry but I'm going to have to send this back.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iknowjack View Post
    I have just asked this F4 Turbo receiver to point at 54.9east, it did and reported on the screen "no signal" although the sat finder I have in line bleeps nice and strong.
    I swapped receiver for an Openbox V8s, it found the satellite and found the signal and I watched a film on it.

I went back to the F4 turbo and the same again, no signal. I went to look at other satellites and it refuses to move the dish yet again.

Switched it off at the mains for about ten minutes. Fitted a new coax cable and a totally different motor just to get the exact same result.
    Sorry but I'm going to have to send this back.
    Remove the sat finder and connect the coax direct to the receiver. This is whats most likely causing your signal issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    install the NTFS-3G driver in plugins and you will be able to read and write to NTFS. or install samba on the formula and you will be able to access the HDD over the network on your PC or any other device.

Iknowjack
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Remove the sat finder and connect the coax direct to the receiver. This is whats most likely causing your signal issue.
    Do you really think that I wouldn't have done this?

Yes I have done that and just the same result. The only reason that I used the Sat finder was to tell me if the receiver was turning the dish spot on. It is, it's just not tuning in to any thing that's not around Astra 28.2east. I keep asking it to tune in to satellites and then it freezes up.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Do you really think that I wouldn't have done this?

Yes I have done that and just the same result. The only reason that I used the Sat finder was to tell me if the receiver was turning the dish spot on. It is, it's just not tuning in to any thing that's not around Astra 28.2east. I keep asking it to tune in to satellites and then it freezes up.
    I'd ref-flash OpenViX and setup new. Setup the tuner on USALS.

Install Vhannibals motorised channel list from Online plugin feeds. Menu > Plugins > Press Green to Download > Settings > Vhannibals motorised.

Connect the motor by the receiver on a temp coax lead.

Now try changing channels and satellites via the installed channel list. If the motors moves ok then the issue lies elsewhere and not with the receiver.

Reboot the receiver if you disconnect the coax with the motor whilst powered on.

I have a F4 Turbo setup here with Diseqc motor and no issues at all.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Iknowjack
    Done that today.
    Dish turns. If I choose one satellite at a time, and if it doesn't work, close it down, it doesn't freeze up.
    Ok, so dish turns, no longer a problem; what is, is it refuses to receive a signal.
    33east or 55east etc.

I think the problem is this receiver is pathetically weak; as I have said, the sat finder proves there is a signal.
    Can your F4 Turbo receive signals from 33east or 55east?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Can your F4 Turbo receive signals from 33east or 55east?
    Just a quick check and no problem with polsat stuff on 33east, but its all encrypted.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    the sat finder proves there is a signal.
    What do you mean the sat finder proves a signal? Bleeping noises doesn't prove anything. To me it sounds like the dish is out of alignment, or a problem with your coordinates.
    Last edited by Huevos; 17-05-18 at 18:10.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!