Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IPTV - epg stopped working

Title
    Thanks

IPTV - epg stopped working

hi all,
    my name is Barbera and im new to this so pls forgive me if someone else has asked this question.

ive recently got iptv working on my vu solo2 box with a ipab image and watched a youtube video and got epg working perfectly.
    and had been working fine for 3 days, with each morning it updating it.

one night i switched box off and in the morning when box was switched back on, epg had disappeared. so as usual, i went into menu, clicked on the epg importer plugin, press yellow button to download epg and it started to download, as seen in top left corner,

the number got to 106,000 or so events and then i saved by pressing green button. then went back to channel list and no epg.

done this a few times and still the same, each time it downloads to about 105,00 events and then save it but then doesnt load it for some reason or so.

ive checked the usb drive just in case and it does download epg onto it, a .dat file.
    when the usb drive in plugged into box, and the epg is downloading, the light on the usb drive flashes but doesnt hen transfer it to box.

ive also tried to load from the usb drive by going to settings, epg and then load epg and still nothing.
    so i can download, but it wont then load and fill in the epg.

ive not changed any options since it was working 1 day ago, only turned off box for the night.
    but i did that the night before and the epg still loaded the day after but this time it wont.

ive tried a different usb drive and it does the same, download onto it but then doest add to box.

any help will be appreciated.

barbera

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Store the epg to your internal hdd, saves you hassle of having multiple devices conected to your Solo2.
    A word of warning also, you should never power off the receiver via the mains unless shutting down properly. Think of it as a mini computer.
    Go into the epg menu and delete the epg data and try scanning again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    thankyou all for your help and advice.

i have changed epg location to hdd which is over 500gb.

this morning i tried again. mount was correct. also ran epg fudge as advised. manually downloaded the epg, which again downloaded over 121000 events but again wont transfer to box or populate epg.

actually only two channels did, tiny pop and tiny pop 2 both populated for some reason.

also i have many times when finished watching, turned off box by button on remote, which i suspect puts it in standby then switched it off via button at back of reciever, is that the wrong way to switch off?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    have you tried CrossEPG? When I played with IPTV of some UK channel xml import only populated a few services and CrossEPG all.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    my box has option of cross epg, and it is selected. so i assume it does do it. unless you can tell me specifically how to pick that option as opposed to other rytec sources

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteen0407 View Post
    hi all,
    my name is Barbera and im new to this so pls forgive me if someone else has asked this question.

ive recently got iptv working on my vu solo2 box with a ipab image and watched a youtube video and got epg working perfectly.
    and had been working fine for 3 days, with each morning it updating it.

one night i switched box off and in the morning when box was switched back on, epg had disappeared. so as usual, i went into menu, clicked on the epg importer plugin, press yellow button to download epg and it started to download, as seen in top left corner,

the number got to 106,000 or so events and then i saved by pressing green button. then went back to channel list and no epg.

done this a few times and still the same, each time it downloads to about 105,00 events and then save it but then doesnt load it for some reason or so.

ive checked the usb drive just in case and it does download epg onto it, a .dat file.
    when the usb drive in plugged into box, and the epg is downloading, the light on the usb drive flashes but doesnt hen transfer it to box.

ive also tried to load from the usb drive by going to settings, epg and then load epg and still nothing.
    so i can download, but it wont then load and fill in the epg.

ive not changed any options since it was working 1 day ago, only turned off box for the night.
    but i did that the night before and the epg still loaded the day after but this time it wont.

ive tried a different usb drive and it does the same, download onto it but then doest add to box.

any help will be appreciated.

barbera
    Installing an image like ipab may seem the easy option, but I don‘t think so.
    It also makes it difficult to answer & provide a solution when you are not running ViX.
    You would be better to install the latest ViX image and then learn how to install your iptv options - its not difficult and I have no issues with IPTV bouquets or epg update through epgimport.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fourteen0407

also i have many times when finished watching, turned off box by button on remote, which i suspect puts it in standby then switched it off via button at back of reciever, is that the wrong way to switch off?
    Do you mean

1. Standby then rocker switch?
    or
    2. Deep standby then rocker switch?

They are not the same. 2 is the correct method.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Title
    Thanks
    abu baniaz. it is the first option.

press the "off" button on remote which turns box off and puts it into standby (on box green light turns to red) then rocker switch on back turns its completely off.

Title
    Thanks
    20180618_141015.jpg20180618_140920.jpg20180618_140854.jpg20180618_140813.jpg20180618_140725.jpg

ive been at this all day without success.

ive attached a screen shot of each screen to show the settings chosen and they all match the advice ive been reading but still not populating the box.

apart from tiny pop and tiny pop +1

you will see it downloads over 121000 events but doesnt then populate the channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There should be a log file in /etc/epgimport/ It will tell you the error. Post it here if unsure.

There is no "off" option. I am still unsure of what you are doing before the rocker switch operation. Standby or Deep Standby. If you are doing standy, this is wrong. Please stop doing so as you are going to corrupt files.

Try the plugin/script on following link and then re-import the EPG.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...890-Remove-EPG

If that does not work...
    Do you have a lamedb file for the services you are viewing?
    Are the references valid?

Title
    Thanks
    sorry for late response, being toying with this for ages but no luck.

ill post the epg file here as im not sure what to look for in the epg file.

Title
    Thanks
    hi ive been toying with this for ages now and still no luck.

but i have come across something and was hoping i can get some assistance because i think it may explain why my epg is not populating.

i have a vu solo2 box running latest ipab image.

even though my box is a twin tuner capable box meaning i can get a sky or any satellite feed into box.

but since i dont have any satellite dishes so there is no satellite feed going into box

i get my feed via the net with the vendor sending channels via the net into my box and channels appears in the favourite section (blue button on remote) into group inc childrens tv, entertainment, uk sports, movies, news and so on.

so to access this, when i turn my box on, i press blue button for favourites and then groups appear and select group.

however when i click on providers the sky channels and virgin media channels options come up each with channels within them but as i dont have a feed for satellite, if you were to click the sky provider and then chose any channel within that group, no channel would work as no feed from satellite or cable.

so what ive noticed it when i download epg from menu, it downloads over 120000 events but wont populated my iptv epg.

BUT it does populate the sky provider channels. all channels within the sky group are populated.

so for some reason it is populating the wrong provider, i want it to populate my iptv favourite groups but instead it does so with the sky and even virgin media groups.

so i deleted the sky provider channels which then reduced my downloaded events to about 70000. i deleted those channels thinking if they not there the box might then populate the iptv favourites but it didnt.

ive gone through alll settings and i cant see what to change so once epg is downloaded it doest write to anything but the iptv favourites groups.

please hope this shed some light to get this fixed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Untick the Sky/Virgin sources and try to just tick the ipab iptv option. Failing that try suls e2m3u plugin
    Code:
    https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-plugin/