Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Distorted sound

Title
    Thanks

Distorted sound

Hi
    Running openvix version 5.1.025 into LG 4k OLED. Unicable 24scr LNB on fixed 1m dish in south devon aimed at 28.2E
    Some (not all) freesat channels have distorted sound. Best described as sibilants (or top end of treble response) that are "too loud"...I just want a de-eeser !!!
    (Another way of putting it is someone speaking through a kazoo....or comb and paper.

The receiver is about 5 months old.......fairly sure the distortion wasn't there, and IF its firmware related, I'm afraid I can't remember at which version the distortion became apparent.
    Anyone else experienced this?

PS Switching to a different freeview receiver gives clear audio, so I know its not the TV set.
    Last edited by Iya; 27-04-18 at 21:11.