Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenMedia VAP11G WiFi bridge help needed !!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

OpenMedia VAP11G WiFi bridge help needed !!

Hello,
    I have setup and connected an OpenMedia VAP11G WiFi Bridge on my Dreambox 7020 but still cannot get it working.
    The DM7020 doesn't see the internet and my computer doesn't see the DM7020.....
    In the Network settings, I have tried to use the DHCP and also without it, but nothing seems to make it working...
    However, if I connect it to my laptop, it works perfectly well...
    Can anyone please help?
    Is there any special settings on the DM7020 to enable?
    Thanks.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,037 Times in 7,630 Posts
    Did you setup the Openmedia wifi bridge on your pc first as per instruction software on CD?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I did follow all the instructions and the setup completed successfully. On my laptop, I can get access to internet through the OpenMedia WiFi bridge.
    But when I connect it to my DM7020 (and even my PS3), the WiFi bridge doesn't seem to see any network....
    Thanks for any hints....

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,037 Times in 7,630 Posts
    Are the items set to DCHP?

Admittedly I've never actually tried one myself.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have tried DHCP and no DHCP, same result....

Title
    Thanks
    i found the dreambox usb ports couldn't power the bridge ....are you using the usb port ? ....... have you tried power supply ... or usb plug adapter dan ??