Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Channel 4 HD Missing EPG

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    The fake recording needs to be on Iepg. Also ABM does bring in Channel 4 HD. I use Sky UK and just set to FTA channels only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, I changed to sky UK rather than Freesat and that fixed the ABM issue, thank you.

But what is lepg please?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    To answer my own question "You will have to enable it and regularly zap/view/tune to IEPG service on 11778,vertical 27500 on 28.2. You can automate the zapping using EPG Refresh"

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Use EPGRefresh and use a fake recording on the Iepg channel. By default does it in a morning and in the evening. Runs in the background and doesn’t affect your viewing etc.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    The Iepg channel is in the Sky Info section of your ABM Bouquets.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    Ok, I changed to sky UK rather than Freesat and that fixed the ABM issue, thank you.

But what is lepg please?

I've had no issues with CH4HD EPG listing using CrossEPG. However, I have ABM set up to create a bouquet for Freesat, one for Irish Saorview terrestrial and a separate bouquet for SKY (FTA). With the Freesat bouquet I have combined the Saorview service and manually included a link to CH4HD at position 104, so it gives me a seamless transition in the bouquet from terrestrial to satellite. I run CrossEPG on a timer a couple of times per week and it fills in the CH4HD listings without fail. I think the key is to have a separate ABM bouquet with all the SKY FTA services in place so that CrossEPG can do its thing. I would rarely use the SKY bouquet as Freesat has 99% of the channels I watch.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Officially CH4HD is not part of the Freesat package (it used to be) - thats why you need to add it manually if using the Freesat ABM or else use Sky FTA. Its easy to make an assumption that CH4HD should appear in the freesat listing. Btw CH4HD epg data is populating fine for me using opentv/crossepg.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Why do you need to wait till tomorrow to find out? Zapping/tuning/selecting that channel and staying on it for two minutes will absorb the EPG data for 7 days from now. Tomorrow you will have 6 days of data left, the day after you will have 5. Zapping/tuning/selecting it and staying on it for 2 minutes will get you another 7 days.
    Sorry mis-understood what I need to do.

Don't think this worked for me. See below:
    1_0_1_105D_7D4_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200404174605.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    The Iepg channel is in the Sky Info section of your ABM Bouquets.

Ok, so I'm happy that I have this setup and running correctly, it only takes minutes for the Freesat and Freeview EPGs to populate as I'm no longer polling each station.

However VPS now doesn't function on full auto mode controlled by channel (this refers only to Freesat now) - recordings never start, if I have it in normal mode then they start but I get endless "start recording, stop recording..." Until the timer expires.
    If I manually start a recording then it terminates within seconds.

If I load the EPG data from the actual channels rather than iepg then everything functions correctly (start and end times adjust)

Am I doing something wrong or is it simply that the eit data from iepg differs slightly from the actual broadcast channel?

I'll revert to safe mode pending input.

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234