Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: vu duo2 tunner problem! help!

Title
    Thanks

vu duo2 tunner problem! help!

Hello everybody!!!! Good day!!!
    i need your opinion and help!
    i have vu duo2 and edision osmini dvb s2 receivers
    i noticed that edision osmini has more sensitive tuner-better tunner than vuduo2.one costs 90e and the vu is more more expensive.the edision has better db's signal espesially in bad weather etc...
    I have to say that i have tested the 2 receivers in same setup(motor usals-same lnb-same cables)
    What can i do to fix vuduo2 tuner sensitivity?What image should i use?What can i do?
    Thank you very much for your help!!
    I am waiting for your answers!!

in hispasat 30w at:
    Hispasat 30W-5 12476.00H DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 3/4
    Osmini edision has 11db
    Vu duo 2 has 2.5 to zero 0 db
    Same setup

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is no “standard” for signal strength or signal to noise ratio (SNR) on these type of boxes so comparing the values seen on a box from one manufacturer with the values reported by another manufacturer is often like comparing apples with oranges. The important parameter to check is the BER (Bit Error Error Rate) which should ideally be zero.

One box may have more sensitive tuners than another but looking at the signal strengths reported by the box is seldom a reliable way of establishing this.

Is the picture breaking up on either box?
    When you say the same set-up have you swapped the boxes around?
    Last edited by adm; 09-04-18 at 10:19.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-04-18)