Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 2.5'' HDD Incompatibility

Title
    Thanks

2.5'' HDD Incompatibility

Gentlemen,

Be aware that the Vu+ UNO 4K SE is not compatible with the 2.5'' HDD Seagate BarraCuda 4TB (ST4000LM024).

You cannot physically fit the unit inside the receiver, the plastic mounts are for slighlty smaller HDDs.

This is the e-mail I have sent to Vu+ Team:
    Sir/Madam,

On the 25/03/2018 I ordered online a Vu+ UNO 4K SE from the store electro-sat.nl
    A few days later I received the requested box which details show that it is compatible with 2.5'' HDDs.
    I ordered from amazon.de the following 2.5'' HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 4TB (ST4000LM024). It is a well known brand alonside with Western Digital.
    Unfortunately when I was trying to plug-in the Seagate Barracuda, I noticed that it could not fit the hole in the metalic frame, it is a few milimeters bigger. My only solution was to open the unit and plugin the HDD directly to the connectors without being screwed to any support. At the moment because of this solution, the unit is very noisy and I cannot put the plastic HDD lid on the back of the receiver, leaving it open to dust.
    Could you fabric a plastic part that can support other types of HDDs? So that I can fasten the HDD properly to the supports?
    If there is no solution, can I return the unit since it is not compatible with 2.5'' HDDs?

Respectfully,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    it is compatible with 2.5´´ hard drives but the height is limited to I think 11mm which is known sometimes not mentioned in ads. At least WoS and some other dealer have the information in their product description. WoS:"Plug & Play removable frame for 2.5 "SATA HDDs (maximum 10.5mm HDD height)". You have the same problem with notebooks most notebooks will not accept 4TB hdd´s as they are very high I have an external one and was surprised about the height.

If the box is not older than 2 weeks and ordered by internet there should be no problem to return it without any reason. If it is older it depends on the dealer as the size limitation is no fault.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (05-04-18)