Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help dvb-c tuner started breaking up on all cable channels

Title
    Thanks
    Finally got round to installing the old 2-way splitter and the signal is fine now so its definitely the splitter. Appreciate all the help, thanks a lot.

Now regarding a proper 3-way splitter I'm guessing it safer to go with a powered one? Any suggestions? I'm struggling to find a 3-4 way powered splitter, most look like giant 8 and 10 way splitters which I have no room for. Do they even make smaller powered splitters?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Another alternative is to amplify the signal by. say. 6dB before then splitting - using a 3 way passive splitter. The problem you are seeing is the attenuation of the signal through the splitter so amplify the signal to compensate for the loss.

If you had a two output powered splitter you could use one output to one box and the other connected to your 2 way passive splitter

This amp has been suggested before.....
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ad.php?53534#6

Note warnings about input/output plugs and buying a 240V model
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Another alternative is to amplify the signal by. say. 6dB before then splitting - using a 3 way passive splitter. The problem you are seeing is the attenuation of the signal through the splitter so amplify the signal to compensate for the loss.

If you had a two output powered splitter you could use one output to one box and the other connected to your 2 way passive splitter

This amp has been suggested before.....
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ad.php?53534#6

Note warnings about input/output plugs and buying a 240V model
    Possibly not sound advice as one output is your broadband and is bi-directional and shouldn't have an amplifier in teh path. So
    Cable input to a 2 way passive splitter. One output for broadband and the other to a amplifier/2 way splitter arrangement to feed to your 2 TV boxes.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    A bit late I know, but I feel the need to reply with the solution to my issue. As a few have pointed out it was the splitter/signal and thanks again for your input. For anyone with this issue in the future I've found that you can get powered splitters with a Return Path specifically for Cable broadband. This is the one I've got which is now working perfectly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CATV-Sign...edia-Smart-TVs

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stew For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-05-18),adm (08-05-18),cactikid (08-05-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12