Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Many thanks to the OpenVIX team for their efforts!

Title
    Thanks

Many thanks to the OpenVIX team for their efforts!

Hi!

I'm a new member to this forum, and an OpenVIX user since last Friday (three full days). I stumbled upon this software after having difficulties with Black Hole on my Vu+ Solo 4K receiver for the last month or so. BH had been working, using an image from a couple of years ago with a few minor issues, but I was pretty happy with it. Unfortunately, I updated it to the most current version at the time, and suddenly had issues with the time zone (Daylight savings time had also just started in the USA about that time). I also found that it was overwriting my daily recordings!. I tried going back to the previous image, but it had the same problems!

I was recommended that I try Open Black Hole, but when I tried it, I couldn't get it to see any of my satellites. I tried installing what I believe is the "official" Vu+ software, and it wouldn't record on my hard disk!. ( I tried repeating some of these attempts, with no change).

In desperation, I tried OpenVIX, and to my great relief and pleasure, not only did the time zone work, but I could record on my hard disk. I >believe< that it is not overwriting recordings. I tried a couple of the "skins" provided and found one that I like better than what I had previously. As far as i can tell at this point, I have everything working that I used before under BH working under OpenVIX except Youtube.

I still have one issue (which prompted the disastrous BH update in the first place!) that I'll be asking about, but I'll find the appropriate forum here to ask it.

Again, thank you very much for creating a working software for my Solo 4K!!!!

Guy Clark
    Los Gatos, CA, USA

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to guyclark For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-04-18),Ashley69 (02-04-18),cactikid (02-04-18),el bandido (05-04-18),Sicilian (08-04-18)