Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Suggest Custom Regions for Virgin UK

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Suggest Custom Regions for Virgin UK

Hi ive been working on a custom region for Virgin UK to remove Sky Sports HD channels and think ive manged to work it out via providers file. This way users would have the option to have ABM remove them or not by using your area Virgin UK.

Attached is cable_uk_virgin.xml I have only added 41053 Leeds Custom and have added blacklist for Sky Sports Main Event for testing.

This is what I have done:

Line 97 added
    Code:
    <configuration key="hdcustom_41053_dvbc_uk" netid="41053" bouquettype="hd" frequency="666750" symbol_rate="6952000" system="0" modulation="3">41053 Leeds Custom</configuration>
    Line 165 added
    Code:
    custom = True if "custom" in bouquet_key else False
    Line 176 added
    Code:
    blacklistSport = ['SkySports MainEventHD',]
    #Channel names have quotes, channel numbers do not. Example: ['ITV HD', 250, 500]
    This is where we add all the Sky Sports HD channels and maybe more in the future

Line 207 added
    Code:
    if custom and service["service_type"] != 2 and (service["number"] in blacklistSport or service["service_name"] in blacklistSport):
    	skip = True
    This means only the channels in blacklistSport will be removed if we choose custom region.

I still need to add the rest of the Sky Sports HD channels and other regions but this seems to work maybe something similar can be added to ABM as we are still not sure what areas are effected users have the option to remove or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Ashley69 (27-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    This will be worked on with a view to removing unless people say they want them.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Maybe add a switch to the provider menu to use/not use the custom mix file would be a simpler solution, then remove the channels with the custom mix file.

Title
    Thanks
    Custom mix files are not part of ABM for this provider.

If all areas no longer have these, might as well as get rid of channels

Best option is something we've wanted to do for a long time, read options from provider file instead of py files. Create an option for unofficial changes which will invoke these changes. We can then remove the custom regions from sky too.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Hi ive been working on a custom region for Virgin UK to remove Sky Sports HD channels and think ive manged to work it out via providers file. This way users would have the option to have ABM remove them or not by using your area Virgin UK.

Attached is cable_uk_virgin.xml I have only added 41053 Leeds Custom and have added blacklist for Sky Sports Main Event for testing.

This is what I have done:

Line 97 added
    Code:
    <configuration key="hdcustom_41053_dvbc_uk" netid="41053" bouquettype="hd" frequency="666750" symbol_rate="6952000" system="0" modulation="3">41053 Leeds Custom</configuration>
    Line 165 added
    Code:
    custom = True if "custom" in bouquet_key else False
    Line 176 added
    Code:
    blacklistSport = ['SkySports MainEventHD',]
    #Channel names have quotes, channel numbers do not. Example: ['ITV HD', 250, 500]
    This is where we add all the Sky Sports HD channels and maybe more in the future

Line 207 added
    Code:
    if custom and service["service_type"] != 2 and (service["number"] in blacklistSport or service["service_name"] in blacklistSport):
    skip = True
    This means only the channels in blacklistSport will be removed if we choose custom region.

I still need to add the rest of the Sky Sports HD channels and other regions but this seems to work maybe something similar can be added to ABM as we are still not sure what areas are effected users have the option to remove or not.
    Hi
    I m in Birmingham and I m not getting sky hd sports as well please help me if you have a way thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kianiadnan View Post
    Hi
    I m in Birmingham and I m not getting sky hd sports as well please help me if you have a way thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'll be best using CustomMix to remove them until ABM update config files http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...d-swap-with-SD

Title
    Thanks
    Added here.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...50a977ef64d545

If your NetID needs adding to whitelist, please say so.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (29-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi How can i check my net id? Im in crysal palace in london. thank for all your help

Title
    Thanks
    find the solution here on this forum all credit to Abu Baniz:

quote:

Virgin have been upgrading /changing pure areas. The frequencies change.

Change tuner config to UK, VIrgin All systems.

Remove Cable services:

channel up, green for satellite, highlight cable services, menu, remove cable services, restart.

Perform a scan, then restart, upload both lamedb5 and lamedb files to the thread.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yortiz1979 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (05-05-18)