Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Alsat Supreme Dark Motor

Title
    Thanks

Alsat Supreme Dark Motor

Evening all.
    Took delivery late last week of the above and a dish/lnb from W of S, but with the weather and work getting in the way have not had chance to install, maybe a good thing as I'm having problems with the motor, rung W of S this aft for some technical advice but was told to come on here and raise a ticket, before that I thought I'd ask in here.
    So dusted down the vu solo2 and installed the latest Vix image.
    Made up a short cable for connection to lnb/motor. Used this to connect to the box just to get a feel of the positioner setup.
    Go into tuner config and set tuner A as simple/positioner and input my long/lat. Set tuner B as not configured.
    Red and green leds flashing on the motor, motor at 0' on scale so all good.
    Go to Positioner Setup, set Goto to 28.2 and press yellow button, motor moves but not to 28.2 according to the scale, checked the led display and nothing [not as inteligent as I thought]
    With a brief press of either the east/west buttons the led read 32.6
    Tried this numerous times with different sats but always the same result -
    42e get 47.5
    28.2 - 32.6
    19.2 - 22.7
    16 - 19.1
    30w get 31.6
    45 - 47.9
    Used the Goto0 quite a few times and this is spot on.
    Then downloaded Vhannibles settings from the plugins but the results were the same.
    Any help guys and thanks for reading.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    28.2e won't be at 28.2e on the scale. It's tracking an arc in the sky. Usals calculates the position for you - don't worry these are good motors.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying ronand.
    So what use is the scale and led display, why not just have a 0' mark for setting up the dish ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You dont need to use the scale at all - you don't set it to 0 setting it up. You should set it to the nearest satellite over your location (using the receiver to drive it). In the UK that satellite is 0.8W. Once you have lined up on 0.8W you will be able to select the other satellites.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    You dont need to use the scale at all - you don't set it to 0 setting it up. You should set it to the nearest satellite over your location (using the receiver to drive it). In the UK that satellite is 0.8W. Once you have lined up on 0.8W you will be able to select the other satellites.
    Hi again mate.
    Page 1 of the installation instructions that come with the motor - 'Ensure the mounting tube indicates 0' If not sit it to exactly 0'
    Still don't understand why if we are to ignore the scale and led read out why bother making them part of the motor ?
    If I was to send the dish to 30'w I would have expected the led display to be reading 30'w or is there something I'm not getting ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Those instructions are for diseqc operation. You said you inputted your co-ordinates so you are using USALS. If you send the dish to 30W it will not be pointing at 30W - it depends on where you are located. That is the whole point of USALS - you do not need to find each satellite and store positions - just fine tune it on your reference satellite and the receiver/motor will do the rest. Your reference satellite will depend on where you live.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Those instructions are for diseqc operation. You said you inputted your co-ordinates so you are using USALS. If you send the dish to 30W it will not be pointing at 30W - it depends on where you are located. That is the whole point of USALS - you do not need to find each satellite and store positions - just fine tune it on your reference satellite and the receiver/motor will do the rest. Your reference satellite will depend on where you live.
    Thanks for the explanation ronand.
    So the scale and led display are useless unless using diseqc.
    Hopefully will find the time tomorrow to get the dish and motor mounted.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You wont need them. But do set the elevation/declination angles on your dish and motor. These will be approximate starting points and will need tweaking to maximise your signal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (03-12-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers mate.

Title
    Thanks
    I can not make it work

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romancast View Post
    I can not make it work
    Create your own thread instead of hijacking this one, that way you will get better help/support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)