Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Videobitrate issue

Title
    Thanks

Videobitrate issue

Hi all happy GB-users. I started my GB-life > than 5 years ago after I purchased first GBQuad (advertised and sold as 1gbit line capable ). That receiver had many bugs, including the fact of not showing videobitrate. My second GB receiver was also quad, namely GB Quad Plus (still in use) and it is also not showing videobitrate readings. Last week I got GB UHD Quad 4k. And my first discovery was- it does not show videobitrate. I've tried all available bitrate-plugins *but no success. This issue annoys me. Appreciate if somebody can shed the light and give some advice. Maybe I am doing something wrong? On the attached screenshots on different plugins videobitrate reading is absolute 0. ScreenHunter_562 Feb. 25 11.33.jpg
    GB Quad Plus, DM8k, GBQ4k

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RimaNTSS For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Have to say it has only ever interested me when working out issues on my mediaplayers ...... what have you been using to display the videobitrates?? I would be surprised if any E2 receiver would display this information directly, but have you ever go this to work?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I am not sure whether it is allowed in this forum to mention other brands, but, for example Dreambox does this task easily.
    I like to see what is videobitrate of the channels, it allows to compare quality.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Have to say it has only ever interested me when working out issues on my mediaplayers ...... what have you been using to display the videobitrates?? I would be surprised if any E2 receiver would display this information directly, but have you ever go this to work?
    For info only
    Vix 5.1.018, Skin Vix-Night-HD - Menu -> Plugins -> Extensions -> bitrate (2.0+git16) works for me on an Extrend ET10000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

twol (25-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    For info only
    Vix 5.1.018, Skin Vix-Night-HD - Menu -> Plugins -> Extensions -> bitrate (2.0+git16) works for me on an Extrend ET10000
    Didn't know it existed!!
    Anyway runs perfectly on both my HD51 and Giga4K, so not sure what problem RimaNTSS is seeing. (plugin issue??)
    Last edited by twol; 25-02-18 at 13:29.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I think it does not work on new ARM boxes. I will check later. On my Solo2 it also works.

@RimaNTSS: ask the skin author I think a converter is missing or not working.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    I think it does not work on new ARM boxes. I will check later. On my Solo2 it also works.

@RimaNTSS: ask the skin author I think a converter is missing or not working.

ciao
    Both my arm boxes work with this plugin
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I am lost now!
    Does that mean that GB Quad 4k can show videobitrate reading? Which image and skin then I should install?
    And, what is ARM box?

Title
    Thanks
    Both the HD51 and the Giga4K use Arm processors compared to Mips processors on older receivers.
    The bitrate plugin post #4, should display on any skin unless it lands on top of the pig, in which case you might not see much.
    If its any help currently running the Simple 1080 skin on the giga4K, Magic FHD on the HD51

Edit: just ran the plugin whilst typing and currently its not showing the video bit rate (only audio)... which it was earlier today.
    Strange, will play around tomorrow .... cannot do anything further tonight, my wife would get upset!
    Last edited by twol; 25-02-18 at 20:50.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RimaNTSS View Post
    And, what is ARM box?
    If you look at the specification for the box in the link below
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...U-Plus-Solo-4K
    you will see that the processor it uses is: 1500 MHz Dual Core ARM Processor

Does that mean that GB Quad 4k can show videobitrate reading? Which image and skin then I should install?
    You could try the image and skin that works on my box, albeit not the same box as yours.
    Vix 5.1.018,
    Skin = Vix-Night-HD

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...gablue-images/
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks! Will play around different images and skins tomorrow.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I checked and it is really working on 4k boxes now it was different a year ago.

The thread starter only looked at the bottom right in his skin. He can also look at the feed of his image if there is a plugin called bitrate viewer which we all used.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem FDR-A01L mit Tapatalk
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    look at the feed of his image if there is a plugin called bitrate viewer which we all used.
    In my post #1 second and third pictures represent readings from 2 different bitratevievers plugins which I have downloaded from image feed. However, it is not VIX image used. Will try to install VIX tomorrow and see how it goes.

Title
    Thanks
    so it is working on the HD51 but currently not on the Giga4K ... although I am sure I carried out the same test this afternoon and it was fine ... will try tomorrow!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    So, tried latest VIX image today. Videobitrate did not work. Also did not manage CAM CI+ module to work. So, went to another image, but videobitrate is as always 0. I think it is dead-end, will not experiment anymore, just use as it is. ScreenHunter_568 Feb. 26 16.14.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast