Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    not running vix at the moment but ipvanish is working here on openatv 6.4 using pass.file with email and password with enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk.
    But on openatv 7.1 (python 3 ) using enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk ipvanish , surfshark , is not connecting login error: VERIFY ERROR
    pia, nord, ivacy are connecting.
    so thats python 2 vs 3 and I guess an issue in string vs binary somewhere in the code, where there needs to be a decode or encode - and if the others work, I guess then that ipvanish is not passing what vpnmanager expects

If anyone can find me the code for both (cannot see github for the vpnmanager) I will have a look
    Last edited by twol; 13-05-22 at 12:54.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    not running vix at the moment but ipvanish is working here on openatv 6.4 using pass.file with email and password with enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk.
    But on openatv 7.1 (python 3 ) using enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk ipvanish , surfshark , is not connecting login error: VERIFY ERROR
    pia, nord, ivacy are connecting.
    Try this:

Unzip and send to /etc/ssl (backup the original file first), then reboot your box and see if ipvanish works then.

If it doesn't work, just put the original file back on and reboot again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

alan1812 (13-05-22)

Title
    Thanks
    that worked a treat
    thanks alan

Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Try this:

Unzip and send to /etc/ssl (backup the original file first), then reboot your box and see if ipvanish works then.

If it doesn't work, just put the original file back on and reboot again.
    Vu+ Solo 4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan1812 For This Useful Post:

Ev0 (13-05-22)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think purevpn had similar issues they updated configs

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think I used this with purevpn before they updated configs.

Try adding this line to one IP vanish config

tls-cipher DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=0

Title
    Thanks
    After I posted I did install openatv 7.0 and IPVanish did work, but not with 7.1 as I mentioned @Ev0 I will reinstall 7.1 when I have time to test openssl file.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks to the information and guides in this thread I have successfully been running Nord VPN on all three of my Vu boxes for months now, however, since the last few days I am unable to connect to Nord on any of them, two are running Vix 6.3.007 & one is on 6.4.001, I am getting the same error on all boxes (Login Error: Auth_failed), I can connect to Nord on all my other devices, I have changed my password, also removed VpnManager V1.1.7 and reinstalled but the connection problem remains. Anyone having the same or any idea how I can fix this............Spevs

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you using Nord VPN generated username and password not email address and password?

From another forum

You need to go in to your account using web browser and access Account Settings/Services/NordVPN/Manual setup. There you will get your unique Username/Password combination. That is what you use to connect to servers in the VPN Manager plugin.
    Last edited by dsayers; 30-06-23 at 10:21.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No I have been connecting using my email & Password for months. Has there been a recent change for this issue to have occurred. Do you know the cofig file location that holds this info as my unique Username/Password combination from Nord is extremely long.

Thanks for the help dsayers............Spevs
    Last edited by spevs; 30-06-23 at 10:54.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spevs View Post
    No I have been connecting using my email & Password for months
    Some are saying recently they have had to use the manual username and password now for Nord VPN

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do you know the cofig file location that holds this info as my unique Username/Password combination from Nord is extremely long.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks to the information and guides in this thread I have successfully been running Nord VPN on all three of my Vu boxes for months now, however, since the last few days I am unable to connect to Nord on any of them, two are running Vix 6.3.007 & one is on 6.4.001, I am getting the same error on all boxes (Login Error: Auth_failed), I can connect to Nord on all my other devices, I have changed my password, also removed VpnManager V1.1.7 and reinstalled but the connection problem remains. Anyone having the same or any idea how I can fix this............Spevs
    i am having the same on my solo4k with 6.4.001
    Vu+ Solo 4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Do you know the cofig file location that holds this info as my unique Username/Password combination from Nord is extremely long.

If you used script just use the VPN generator site to generate a new command line.

If you have setup manually just create a file called pass.file and add your username and password and send it to the same location as your config files

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

spevs (30-06-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok for info the Pass.file is located in root/var/etc/openvpn

If I simply edit this file with my unique Username/Password combination from Nord and reboot, when I initially go into VpnManager it shows as connected but if I disconnect & try to reconnect or use a different server it fails, at this stage Menu shows my old credentials email & password. If I then connect with Putty and run the cmd line generated VpnManager is reinstalled, but when I check credentials in VpnManager my original email is showing as user name but the unique password has been accepted, I can get over this issue by using the on screen keyboard to input the unique username (but it is quite a pain) and then VpnManager works correctly, any ideas........?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry I'm not sure why it wouldn't save it

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast