Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 4HD leaves Freesat.

Title
    Thanks

4HD leaves Freesat.

So hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end for Freesat.

Do we know if it will go behind the Sky paywall? If not does that just mean I can still use ABM of OpenVix to see the schedule etc.

I'm on a Gigablue 4k UE. I'm tempted to get the add on card for aerial if needed. Can someone link menthe right one, as there seems to be some that are for the Quad.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It will still be FTA. Channel 4 are just not paying to be listed in the freesat epg.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    It will still be FTA. Channel 4 are just not paying to be listed in the freesat epg.
    So, educate me.

Will it still appear in the sky UK ABM? Therefore I should be unaffected? Does the Sky EPG come from else where?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The channel isn't going anywhere. Sky and Freesat have their own epg systems which work totally independent of each other. There's no mention of it leaving the sky line-up so you should be unaffected. I don't use ABM at all.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    So cool. The EPG is empty for 4hd from Saturday.

I've also enabled the Sky FTA bouquet thinking that might pull in their EPG.

How can I get it back? Is this a question for the openvix team? Is there a custom EPG feed that will populate the schedule?

Title
    Thanks
    So.

CrossEPG is your friend. Learned all about it and it works!

I've got Sky and Freesat Bouquet now from ABM, and 4hd is fully populated now I've set up CrossEPG with opentv sky.

Before I did CrossEPG...where did the box get channel info from? Some Freesat feed?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    So cool. The EPG is empty for 4hd from Saturday.

I've also enabled the Sky FTA bouquet thinking that might pull in their EPG.

How can I get it back? Is this a question for the openvix team? Is there a custom EPG feed that will populate the schedule?
    A bodge maybe......

Channel 4 SD of freesat still seems to have a week of EPG so perhaps its only the over the air HD EPG is going.
    Place the Ch4 SD nexct to you Ch4 Hd in your bouquet(s) to see whats on on the HD channel

To select an empty (of EPG) channel you also have to Menu -> Setup -> EPG -> Graphical Epg -> Skip empty services = no (do the same for any other EPG you may use)
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Now/next EPG
    EPG from Freesat reader
    EPG from OpenTV EPG reader using CrossEPG downloader
    EPG from xmltv source

Title
    Thanks
    I've never worked out how to customise the EPG. I just use ABM, don't see options to move channels around. Am I missing something.

Title
    Thanks
    What do you mean by EPG?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

lnoton (23-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    See here for what people will refuse to accept

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...s-and-Bouquets

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

lnoton (23-02-18),Sicilian (23-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. I don't feel too foolish knowing I'm not the only one. I kinda new I was using the wrong words...

I wanted to know how to customise the folders of channel..essentially to create my own favourites with my own channel numbers.

Great guide btw. Thanks again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    Thanks. I don't feel too foolish knowing I'm not the only one. I kinda new I was using the wrong words...

I wanted to know how to customise the folders of channel..essentially to create my own favourites with my own channel numbers.

Great guide btw. Thanks again.
    I use the web interface (Webif)

If your box is connected to your home network find its IP address - Menu -> Information -> Network -> IP

Type this IP number into the address bar of your web browser on a PC/Laptop.

In the web interface (Webif) there is an option down the left hand side named Bouquet Editor.

From this you can create an new bouquet (a list of your favourite channels for instance). You can populate this new empty bouquet by selecting the channel in the left hand window of all channels and asking for it to be added to the selected bouquet (right hand window).

Once poulated with your wanted chanels the order of the channels can be arranged by a drag and drop arrangement. Highlight the little icon to the left of the channel name in the bouquet, hold down the left mouse button to pick it up and drag it up/down the list to the required position. On quiting the Web Inteface the new bouquet will be available on your box. In webif you can aslo arrange in which order all he various bouquets appear in the bouquet list (same drag/drop mechanism as arranging channel positions)
    Last edited by adm; 23-02-18 at 10:25.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

lnoton (23-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    So I've been to that interface before....but never looked at it! Shall experiment later. Thanks!