Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ip address unconfirmed

Title
    Thanks

ip address unconfirmed

hi just changed my network supplier today my gigablue 800se+ works fine but my formuler f1 is acting up I do a network test it says lan connected loca/l network connected/dhcp enabled/ip address unconfirmed/name server unconfirmed , go to network wizard says connection not working go back to network test same results ! the lan cable at the back of the box is flashing yellow any ideas please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    restart the router
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the reply but still the same

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dorada View Post
    hi just changed my network supplier today
    Did that involve getting a new router?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    yes got a new sly one

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dorada View Post
    yes got a new sly one
    Does it have its DHCP service enabled?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    hi yes the formuler 1 box has & also the gigablue as well which is working.

Title
    Thanks
    try and change the encryption type in the network settings on the formula box, I have had similar issues with an OSMINI on a sky router

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    try and change the encryption type in the network settings on the formula box, I have had similar issues with an OSMINI on a sky router
    Is the connexion via a LAN or using Wifi?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Are you getting Internet access even though you are having these problems? Try and see if net access is working hard wired and wireless? Then re input router password using wireless and retest.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    right the story so far ! I have put my spare gigablue on to the same lan cable and that works ok I have flashed my F1 with vix then atv images and still have the same issues, how do you change the encryption type in network setting never done anything like that. Thanks for all your help

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, the encryption only works on wireless connection.

never had a problem with unconfirmed ip address on a lan cable install. that should all be handled by your dhcp server on the router

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ford1 For This Useful Post:

dorada (07-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    If you change the network DCHP settings on your Gigablue box from yes to no it will give you the static settings.

Copy the same settings (Through Remote) onto the formuler box but change the last digit of the IP address.

For example if the Gigablue is 192.168.0.12 set the formuler to 192.168.0.22.

providing all the other settings are the same as the Gigablue it should work. The only other thing that could cause a conflict is if the Formuler box has the same MAC address as something else on the network.

Sky routers are a bit flaky at the best of times. They aren't exactly the best ones on the market.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancer View Post
    If you change the network DCHP settings on your Gigablue box from yes to no it will give you the static settings.
    But you'll the have to set an IP address which is not in the router's DHCP range.
    Copy the same settings (Through Remote) onto the formuler box but change the last digit of the IP address.
    Only if that original IP address was also a static one (and not just-one below the router's DHCP range) and doesn't clash with any other static IP address you have around on your network.
    For example if the Gigablue is 192.168.0.12 set the formuler to 192.168.0.22.
    Err....that's not changing the last digit anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for the reply sundancer reconnected the giga took a photo of the settings done as you said and it still comes back ip ad & nameserver unconfirmed. last 2 digits were 09 set it 19 and also 10 and the mac codes are not conflicting with anything else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast