Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement mainboard.. where can i get one?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    Is the spec between the et 8000 and et 10000 much difference,The tuners are the same
    Also the et10000 has transcoding feature whereas the et8000 does not

Title
    Thanks
    I have an et 8000 in my daughters room and a great box,Love my et 8500 to

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    Is the spec between the et 8000 and et 10000 much difference,The tuners are the same
    Et8000 can have up to 3 original tuners but I have modified 3 boxes to take 4 tuners, 2 original dvb-s2's and 2 usb dvb-t2's.

I took out the front usb port, plugged in a 4 port usb hub and plugged in 2 usb dvb-t2 tuners into it.

I got 2 extension fly leads from the 2 tuners and put them on the blank cover that was in the 3rd tuner slot.

I can now record and watch programs at the same time on both satellite and terrestrial channels and it has worked perfectly.

Its a pity it doesn't do transcoding but it and the et10000 are my favourite boxes.

I would think that you could do the same on the et10000.

All the bits to do this cost around €45 and it took about an hour to do. One original dvb-t2 costs more than that.

The dvb-t2 tuner inputs are in the 3rd tuner position on the right in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tapfit2004; 05-03-18 at 00:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tapfit2004 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (05-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tapfit2004 View Post
    All the bits to do this cost around €45 and it took about an hour to do. One original dvb-t2 costs more than that.
    What USB DVB-T2 tuners did you get such that two of them cost < €45?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    What USB DVB-T2 tuners did you get such that two of them cost < €45?
    Sorry for the late reply.

I got cheap ones from ebay. They have a mini coax port on them for the aerial so I got a f-connector to mcx lead and drilled 2 holes in the blank cover that was in the 3rd tuner slot.

Ebay search;

"F female to mcx male" for the lead, around £1.50

"fc0012b" for the tuner, around £5.50

"usb splitter cable" for the usb hub, around £1.25

All delivered from China but you can pay more and get them way quicker from local sellers on eBay which is what I did.

I tried 4 tuners together but it didn't work, 3 worked but not great but 2 tuners works perfectly. I have one box with 3 x satellite tuners and 2 x USB dvb-t tuners and I can record on 4 and watch something on the 5th with no problem.

I have been using one converted box daily as the main viewing box for the last year and I haven't had any problems. It's worked way better than I expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12