Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement mainboard.. where can i get one?

Title
    Thanks

Replacement mainboard.. where can i get one?

Good afternoon,

I have an ET10000 PVR and this morning it stopped working. I believe I may have damaged the mainboard while changing the hard drive. I know I have 12v DC out of the power supply but the box won’t boot or even show anything on the display.

Can anyone advise me on where or how I would go about getting a replacement mainboard.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpol1 View Post
    Good afternoon,

I have an ET10000 PVR and this morning it stopped working. I believe I may have damaged the mainboard while changing the hard drive. I know I have 12v DC out of the power supply but the box won’t boot or even show anything on the display.

Can anyone advise me on where or how I would go about getting a replacement mainboard.
    Sorry mate

I also have a dead xtrend 10000 just sitting behind my TV. It does not power on either. I think its the mainboard. There is no way of replacing this as far as i know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

irishpol1 (05-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Crap it.. they're not easy got, it suited me down to the ground because of the HDMI in. I was a able to route a CCTV system through it and it worked a treat. My HDD accidentally touched a heat sink and it tripped the house, resulting in the box not booting expensive mistake i guess.

I just sent Xtrend an email, I hope they reply quicker than they update their Facebook status ..lol

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Xtrend were taken over, so I kind of think that you may be asking for the impossible....
    You may also find that the newer boxes with hdmi in , don’t work as well and as transparently as the ET10000
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Xtrend were taken over, so I kind of think that you may be asking for the impossible....
    You may also find that the newer boxes with hdmi in , don’t work as well and as transparently as the ET10000
    Would you have any suggestions for a replacement?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Crap it.. they're not easy got, it suited me down to the ground because of the HDMI in. I was a able to route a CCTV system through it and it worked a treat. My HDD accidentally touched a heat sink and it tripped the house, resulting in the box not booting expensive mistake i guess.

I just sent Xtrend an email, I hope they reply quicker than they update their Facebook status ..lol
    They never really got back to me via email too. Mine just sits there not doing anything now. Do not really know what to do with it

Title
    Thanks
    Would you have any suggestions for a replacement?
    Not easy ..... probably easier to look for an alternative hardware solution ... the Vu+ Utlimo 4K and the Giga 4K have hdmi-in ---- but don't know if they would do what you want and they are perhaps an expensive solution.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

irishpol1 (05-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Not easy ..... probably easier to look for an alternative hardware solution ... the Vu+ Utlimo 4K and the Giga 4K have hdmi-in ---- but don't know if they would do what you want and they are perhaps an expensive solution.
    Thanks twol.. I'll have a think about it. Just spotted someone on eBay selling a second hand one, i might just pick up one of them.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks twol.. I'll have a think about it. Just spotted someone on eBay selling a second hand one, i might just pick up one of them.
    To be honest, my initial thought was replace with another ET10000, but even here they have disappeared
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    To be honest, my initial thought was replace with another ET10000, but even here they have disappeared
    That's what I meant when I said they're hard to get.. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links this here.. but there's two available here, I bought one .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtrend-ET...53.m1438.l2649

Title
    Thanks
    I wish you all the best with your new box.... just be careful when fitting HDD'S!!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I wish you all the best with your new box.... just be careful when fitting HDD'S!!!
    Thanks for all you advice the power will be off

Title
    Thanks
    There is a nice white one in the classified section you could have a look at

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57805-Xtrend-ET10000-in-White-with-Quad-Tuners
    No idea if its still available.

To be honest i would avoid any Xtrend before the ET7500 and ET8500 series due to that stupid battery powered security board they installed in the older receivers, knock the battery or wait for it to discharge and the receiver is only any good as a door stop.

Fortunately Xtrend came to their senses and didn't use them on the ET8500 and ET7500.

Xtrend did apparently say they were going to release a boot loader that would bypass the need for the security board. I'm not holding my breath on that one

Its a pity as they aren't bad receivers.
    Last edited by sundancer; 05-02-18 at 20:43.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sundancer For This Useful Post:

bassethound (05-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Is the spec between the et 8000 and et 10000 much difference,The tuners are the same

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    Is the spec between the et 8000 and et 10000 much difference,The tuners are the same
    Not a lot... ET10000 has hdmi-in and an extra tuner (upto 4).
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast