Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: report problem effecting octagan 4008 llatest images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Sounds like a bug to me which happens stop illegal viewing of ip streams, could be wrong though.

Title
    Thanks
    hi, if it is, then no other sat box company are bothered, also old images are fine, i give up with octagon to be honest

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hazzardboy7 For This Useful Post:

el bandido (12-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
    A futher update:
    more updates have happened overnight, downloaded them still no fix on powervu,

If you are thinking of buying a octagon 4008 sat box, my advice don't, the 4008 could be the best sat box out there, its a good price, but these boxes are only as good as the support by the manufacturer and in this case it is terrible, i mean, what company don't bother to reply to customers emails.

Never again will i buy an octagon product, IM NOT not having a go, at any one on this forum or the world of satellite shop either, its at octagan themselves, never seen such bad customer service in 20 years of buying satellite items,always at least had a reply, but not happened from octagon, and from reading the octagon offical forum there seems like many people are saying similar things, not about powervu as much, but about poor drivers, poor support, etc, i know given what i know now, i wouldn't of brought mine.

thanks
    we work on driver improvements, thanks for patience

Title
    Thanks
    HbbTV Fix. 15-04-18

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...s/meta-octagon

--> atvcaptain [webkit hbbtv] update npapi plugin

Ab heute Images Online !
    From today Images Online !
    Yarinki imajlardan itibaren Online !

Danke Captain OpenATV.

Title
    Thanks
    i updated to today's update, no powervu fix, lets see what happens in the up and coming weeks

Title
    Thanks
    OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD E2 Multistream DVB-S2X

News:
    atvcaptain [webkit] add New hbbtv plugin

Ready on ALL Images!
    Für alle Images Online!
    Tüm Imajlara Online!

SF4008 Product Video:

Title
    Thanks
    i updated to today's update, no powervu fix, lets see what happens in the up and coming weeks
    Really we are working on many things

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sami noor View Post
    Really we are working on many things
    When are you going to sort our Powervu that Hazzardboy has been complaining about for months? He even contacted you directly as requested, yet he got no reply.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    When are you going to sort our Powervu that Hazzardboy has been complaining about for months? He even contacted you directly as requested, yet he got no reply.
    yes thank you, since i brought my octagon, us customers have had many promises, all of them have been broken, we customers were told blind-scan would be fixed very soon, that was 9 months ago, powervu issue still waiting for a fix, now dont get me wrong, i think ive been patient, and i can still be even more patient, but no replies to email either to octagon to to the email i was given, is a very poor level of customer service.

Customers are getting very tried now of broken promises, its now time to deliver i think, the 4008 is a great box, i cant really fault it, but the support side is the problem, us customers are not asking for things that have not been promised, blindscan, kodi (which personally im not bothered about) i will wait a little while longer, in the hope of a powervu fix, but not answering emails is very poor, the only time i got a reply to an email, was when i emailed octagon, asking where is the best place to buy one from, funny that, i got a reply within a few hours of that email.

So please octagon, give us what we were told would be on this box, and fix powervu and blindscan etc, then i will be the first person to say thank you, but until then, my comment stands, no matter what is offered or sold by octagon, i wont be buying it.
    Last edited by hazzardboy7; 18-04-18 at 17:05.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I upgraded my ViX image through online feed. It now says version 5.1.026 (Release). Drivers 2018-03-28. Before the upgrade I swifted through the list of changes and I saw pvu support had been added. I assumed (right or wrong) it meant Power Vu support. However, no picture, neither with stream relay nor without stream relay. I made sure I had correct keys and that cam worked (verfied with a biss encrypted channel). I use oscam-emu from feed.

Logs:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't know what all this means, hope it gives a clue to the guys who makes the ViX images. If information above is illegal to post moderators are of course free to censore the illegal part (I don't see any keys in it).

Besides the missing Power Vu I also noticed menues seem to lag. When I press OK button I see epg 1 and when pressing OK again I should see epg 2 immediately but it comes after couple of seconds. If epg2 is not the correct term please see post 29 in this thread what I mean.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 16-05-18 at 06:50. Reason: removed logs

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sami noor View Post
    OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD E2 Multistream DVB-S2X

News:
    atvcaptain [webkit] add New hbbtv plugin

Ready on ALL Images!
    Für alle Images Online!
    Tüm Imajlara Online!

SF4008 Product Video:
    well its almost 1 month later and we are still waiting, i wonder what will come first, the year 2020 or a fix for the stuff we have been promised from the start of this sat box being sold, personally i think the year 2020 will come before Octogan give a s"it about us customers, and sort these issues

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    well its almost 1 month later and we are still waiting, i wonder what will come first, the year 2020 or a fix for the stuff we have been promised from the start of this sat box being sold, personally i think the year 2020 will come before Octogan give a s"it about us customers, and sort these issues
    I think you'll find they are taking issues reported very seriously. I have actually been told today your issue is fixed, but not released to public yet. So expect a fix very soon.

@ Hazard you have pm too.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

gammgubbe (25-05-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I think you'll find they are taking issues reported very seriously. I have actually been told today your issue is fixed, but not released to public yet. So expect a fix very soon.

@ Hazard you have pm too.
    Any info when the issue will be released to public? Maybe you can send the pm to me aswell, the issue is as big for me as for Hazard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gammgubbe View Post
    Any info when the issue will be released to public? Maybe you can send the pm to me aswell, the issue is as big for me as for Hazard
    Hi there.
    I will give you an update, are you ready for the news, please sit down, in case you are shocked by the answer i will give you.

wait for it

wait a little longer

ok here goes, make sure you are sitting down

answer is.............

the is still no fix that is public

Now to be fair to Sicilian, he has tried to help, he sent me a public image which does clears AFN on powervu and no streamrelay is needed, i can confirmed that worked, using N CAM, i couldn't get oscam to work on it, but i didn't spend long trying to be fair, other powervu channels didn't clear at all using either cam.

Do yourself a favor and do one of two things, either sell the box and buy something where the company who sells it, will give there customers support unlike Octagon, or use an old image the last version of 2017 works on all powervu channels with keys and uses stream relay.

I can only praise Sicilian for trying to help, he has asked me which was the last version to work on all powervu channels, this info has been given to him, but Ive now been waiting for this fix of powervu for almost 6 months , been waiting for blindscan to work since i brought the box, that is over a year ago, still waiting for that as well.

If just one person who reads this message and it puts them off buying a Octagon, then it is great, i hope many more dont buy one too, i know of 2 friends of mine who wont be buying one, after i spoke to them, i hope there are many more customers that they have lost are out there too, nothing would give me greater pleasure, in hearing that.

DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOUR DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM OCTAGON, the support is the worst i have ever seen from any company, sent over 20 emails to them, not one reply, sent an email to the guy who can help with the help of Sicilian, still no reply.

I think 6 months is long enough to fix any software issue, or in the case of blindscan over a year, Octagon, made loads of promises to sell these boxes, and im still waiting, as i said above, i wonder what will arrive first, Christmas 2020 or a fix for powervu, blondscan and all the other things that Octagon promised when they wanted to sell there products, my money is xmas 2020 arriving first, least you know there is a very good chance of that arriving.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I think we got the message that you don't like Octagon a long time ago.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

john doe (25-05-18)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast