Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: report problem effecting octagan 4008 llatest images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I think you'll have to try it yourself, no one else on this thread appears to have ever used it.

Title
    Thanks
    2 more updates have happened recently, still no fix on powervu, if you are thinking of buying a octagon 4008 sat box, my advice don't, the 4008 could be the best sat box out there, its a good price, but these boxes are only as good as the support by the manufacturer and in this case it is terrible, i mean, what company don't bother to reply to customers emails.

Never again will i buy an octagon product, this is not having a go, at any one here or anyone making the images or the company world of satellite either, its at octagan themselves, never seen such bad customer service in 20 years of buying satellite items,always at least had a reply, but not happened from octagon, and from reading the octagon offical forum there seems like many people are saying similar things, not about powervu as much, but about poor drivers, poor support, etc, i know given what i know now, i wouldn't of brought mine.

thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hazzardboy7 For This Useful Post:

goRt (25-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    When they announced that they would be selling an E2 receiver, I thought great as their other products appear to be reasonable and also a Germany company. Unfortunately, I don‘t believe they recognised how demanding this marketplace can be, and also having to work with Asian suppliers for both hardware and firmware is an interesting learning curve.
    Their biggest mistake was promising the earth right at the start ... “you want xyz“, “OK, have that shortly“

Maybe, if they have a follow on product, they will have learned ......... only time will tell
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

el bandido (22-02-18),hazzardboy7 (21-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    yes i agree with that,the box itself is good, nice looking, fast good spec etc, but the box is only as good as the support.

What makes me really angry is the lack of support in the way of emails etc, you go to the trouble of sending them a detailed email, and they cant even bother to reply, yet when i wanted to buy a octagon, they soon replied.

I think they should be working really hard to fix these issues they promised, kodi (im not bothered about it) blind scan powervu, etc and have good beta testers, so many times ive noticed bugs, but months later the bug is still there.

Anyway no reply from octagon still, but i did have a reply on the octagan forum from a member (not oatagon themselves) saying this is a bug, and as a work around, record the program then watch it back, so it is about 5 seconds behind the live recording and it should give sound and picture.

this i can confirm works, its ok if you have a hard drive, so for me it is not great fix, but a fix non the less for now, maybe octagan might even fix this issue who knows, problem is the planet will go end one day, so im not sure what will happen first octagan fixing this issue, or the planet going bang.

Title
    Thanks
    I've had SF4008 for more than 1year now, and I believe it's still today the best (satellite box) you can get. S2X, multistream, very good tuner for weak signals.

I have money, but there is nothing better

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ocean04 For This Useful Post:

ccs (24-02-18),john doe (25-02-18),satnut2 (18-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    yes it sure is a great box, im not going to say it isn't, good value for money, i cant really fault it, however i cant say the same about the images, which i guess in part are down to octagon, just got another update on open vix, but still no sound on powervu, which im not surprised about, as i guess this is a driver issue.

If only octagon can test drivers and support the product better, im sure they would sell more items,i heard they are now working on the 5008, i wont be buying one, unless they address these issues, as we know these boxes are as only as good as the images/ drivers installed on them.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, i see a new update today, anyone tell me f powervu is fixed, i guess its not, but im using an old image, and i cant test it easily
    thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I can't see anything new in the latest release (5.1.020) relating specifically to the sf4008/powervu.

My guess is you're the only person on here who's using it with a sf4008, so I doubt you'll get any replies.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks you are probably right , there are drivers fixed in the read me, not sure they would say o by the way we fixed powervu, even if they had.

There are a few people on other forums talking about powervu not working on this box, but as u said not many i guess.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
    thanks you are probably right , there are drivers fixed in the read me, not sure they would say o by the way we fixed powervu, even if they had.

There are a few people on other forums talking about powervu not working on this box, but as u said not many i guess.

thanks
    I'll be happy to test if you can tell how to tried before but didn't work at all (stream relay) but it was with much older vix image, maybe is different today with latest image.

Skickat från min SM-G903F via Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    tried it and also just got updates, still no fix, what a company octagon are, no reply to emails, no reply from them (maybe people confirming they have the same issue) worst support ever, i wont be buying anything else made by octagon, that is for sure

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
    tried it and also just got updates, still no fix, what a company octagon are, no reply to emails, no reply from them (maybe people confirming they have the same issue) worst support ever, i wont be buying anything else made by octagon, that is for sure
    You have PM.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You have PM.

thank you, sent a reply.

Title
    Thanks
    I have followed guide for OpenATV and there I am suppose to be able to get PowerVu without stream relay. As you can see I am pretty close but still black screen (yes key is correct and cam works, verified with biss channel). I use Oscam-emu from feed. It seems I need a missing driver. Sure I could switch image to OpenATV but I don't like change image everytime I want to do something, besides I feel comfortable in OpenVix, just wish they could cover whatever is missing. I hope I don't violate any rules with this post, as you can see it is generally speaking, no keys are mentioned or howto...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    A futher update:
    more updates have happened overnight, downloaded them still no fix on powervu,

If you are thinking of buying a octagon 4008 sat box, my advice don't, the 4008 could be the best sat box out there, its a good price, but these boxes are only as good as the support by the manufacturer and in this case it is terrible, i mean, what company don't bother to reply to customers emails.

Never again will i buy an octagon product, IM NOT not having a go, at any one on this forum or the world of satellite shop either, its at octagan themselves, never seen such bad customer service in 20 years of buying satellite items,always at least had a reply, but not happened from octagon, and from reading the octagon offical forum there seems like many people are saying similar things, not about powervu as much, but about poor drivers, poor support, etc, i know given what i know now, i wouldn't of brought mine.

thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast