Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: report problem effecting octagan 4008 llatest images

Title
    Thanks

report problem effecting octagan 4008 llatest images

Hi, ive been upgrading my octagon 4008 images regularly, since this year all the updates have left me without powervu channels working, if i go back to the last image of 2017 it works fine.
    Has anyone got powervu working using the newer images, and how do i contact octagon to help get this fixed.

Im not asking how do decode these channels, its more of a case of informing people who write these images there is a problem.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    i guess this is a driver problem, also tried the latest version of atv image, and powervu channels did the same on that image as well, it was fine with the late 2017 images, i think snce then, they changed/updated the driver twice.

I have sent an email to octagan support, but no reply, thought iw ould of had an email at least, very disappointed in that, they could of had least confirmed they got my message

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    hi, updated to new updated image,and still no fix for powervu, the support for this octagan 4008 is something else.

I email actagan 3 times now, no reply contacted them on facebook, no reply, if you are thinking of buying an actagan 4008 these are a nice box, but support lets it down, octagan make a lot of promises and deliver very little, my advice is to buy a different make sat box, i wish i had, while most sat recivers can decode powervu without stream relay, us octagan 4008 uses cant view powervu at all with the new images, this happened with images from 2018, if i use an old image powervu works fine, it stopped working with the new drivers came out.

not very happy to be honest, very poor customer support from octagan, you have been warned, dont buy an actagon product
    Last edited by hazzardboy7; 11-02-18 at 11:08.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I don't think Octagon is the only manufacturer that ignores customer emails, far from it.

Maybe Oscam 11399 will help?

Never heard of Powervu before, but google shows lots of ways to bypass encryption barriers,
    so maybe Octagon are tightening up their drivers?

Title
    Thanks
    hi i am using the lastest version of oscam, but thanks for trying to help.

Lets face it, most sat recivers now can decode powervu without stream relay, with octagon boxes we have to use it, i have no issue with that, but now we cant see it at all.

All started with the new drivers at the end of december 2017, lets be honest if a company cant reply to an email or a message on facebook, what kind of customer service is that, there is clearly a bug in the new driver,s as now and again you can hear the sound for a half a second, you go out of your way to report this issue, and they cant even be bothered to reply, to be honest i wish i would of stuck with the new dreamboxes, these sat receivers are only as good as the software on them, overall the oactagon is a nice box, but let down by the software on it currently, i mean, do they have beta testers, looking for these kind of bugs??

thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
    to be honest i wish i would of stuck with the new dreamboxes
    Then you'd really know the meaning on driver bugs. One of the reasons we've never supported Dreambox.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi tried a different image today called satdream GR powervu working fine on that, so are they using a different driver, anyone have any idea, what is different to openvix to their image?

thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hi tried a different image today called satdream GR powervu working fine on that, so are they using a different driver, anyone have any idea, what is different to openvix to their image?
    You'll probably have more idea which drivers they're using.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts

thanks
    Depends when the build was built, as to which drivers are in the image.
    The image is basically an old OpenPli E2 clone with the latest meta sources for the receivers.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Depends when the build was built, as to which drivers are in the image.
    The image is basically an old OpenPli E2 clone with the latest meta sources for the receivers.
    Hello to all, first i wanted to say thanks to open vix image team, im not having a go at them, but i not best pleased with octagon, not answering support emails i feel is very poor.

anyway on tot he answering the question the image i tried today came from here

h##p://sgcpm.com/satdreamgr-images/octagon/sf4008/

file from the 6th of jan 2018 i did an ota and that still worked afterwards but only showed one 1 file update.

I just wish this bug what ever it is was fixed, its a shame, im not sure if it is related to the new drivers in the new image or not to be honest, but it started early this year the image im using now is an old vix image 03 01 2018 works, but this was the last one that did, i think.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    In ViX, Menu/Information/About tells you which drivers are being used.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    there is another forum that has something about powervu and oscam. not sure if I can mention it on here. but if you google it theres plenty of info
    Last edited by john doe; 12-02-18 at 20:00. Reason: add info
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    there is another forum that has something about powervu and oscam. not sure if I can mention it on here. but if you google it theres plenty of info
    hi yes i dont want to get the thread closed, but i use the same files etc, only a different image and it works, uisng on old vix at the moment and that works too, only time it dont is when i use new vix images

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    In ViX, Menu/Information/About tells you which drivers are being used.
    cant do that now, ive removed it sadly

Title
    Thanks
    Openvix 5 1 016 Release Sf4008 Usb

anyone using this version, and confirm if powervu channels are working on this version or not.

thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast