Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HELP: "Double Your Expectation" on display but unresponsive - only 3 months old

Title
    Thanks

Arrow HELP: "Double Your Expectation" on display but unresponsive - only 3 months old

This near new Duo with the latest VIX was operating normally but has broken down while unattended. Front button or remote only causes the power indicator light to flicker. I can hear the fan operating so presume the power supply is OK. Completely unresponsive to all remote commands. Removing the CAM makes no difference.

I tried powering it off and inserting the USB stick with the VIX operating system but it was ignored.

Maybe the new HDD has broken down so, unless someone has a better idea, the only thing I can think of is to disconnect it. But that seems an unlikely reason for the problem so I'll wait for a response to this post before doing that.

The only odd behaviour was the other night when the "VIX" kept appearing on screen while viewing a recorded file. Every so often up it came on screen so exit was needed to remove it. But the next night all seemed normal and recorded files played with no such hassle. It did not break down while being used but was discovered in its current state last night when I went to use it. I left it powered off all night in case there was a heat problem but no joy this morning - same behaviour.

BTW I can solder if there is anything needed in that department.

It is not showing up on the network but neither is the Solo 2.

TIA

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you have any luck with the tuners' removed ?

Heat is a risk in the fierce Australian Summers' now; 40°C is the new normal; Even here in the ranges at 775M ASL. My farm workshop is late 40's°C most days now.

In the VU+ Duo2's I have installed a Ceramica FAN5010C12M to deliver 8.56cfm (un restricted at 4500 rpm); Even so it is doing a better job than the original with maximum PWM applied on all modes.

Just to make sure for our conditions (we will never use Air Conditioning for Environmental reasons) I have a 80MM Ceramica (FAN802562) over the tuner vent perforations and generally see the internal temperature holds about 36°C / yes it is a little noisy, however better than faulty.

All our equipment is turned off when not in use / no standby, either with a schedule in the UPS or flick a switch on the power strip to turn off completely.

This also reduces the risk of lightning and other nasty inductions; Our supply HV line is 188KM long over the ranges and is a magnet for trouble being S.W.E.R. (Single Wire Earth Return / 12.7KV / common in Australia for remote supply).

Best of //
    --

"corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" Neil Young - Greendale 2004.