Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iptv issues with box

Title
    Thanks

Iptv issues with box

Hi there, I'm trying to get my iptv sub working on my box without much success. I've tried flashing the box and followed various methods including filezilla and putty. When I reset my box to factory settings, it still loaded up plugins that obviously don't come with the factory set up. I've also used my usb stick to flash latest vix image and that was fine. I've also scanned my astra 28 for channels and they are fine. It seems to be an issue with the xc_e2 plugin. Can anybody offer suggestings, really doing my head in. The other thing is smart iptv website for inputting m3u files etc isn't recognising my technomate mac address. I know how it all should work because I have done all this with firestick and firetv and they work as expected.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Without going into dangerous areas, you need to explain more the precise issues.
    e.g. "When I reset my box to factory settings, it still loaded up plugins that obviously don't come with the factory set up." Why are you doing this, what plugins??
    Have you tried the suls plugin rather than xc_e2plugin??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I done a reset because my box keeps coming up with a blank screen error log. I'll try an post it here later. Well I had epg plugins, xc_e2 plugins, auto bouquet plugins that I had added as I used the box. I had always used the box for satellite purposes and I was looking to reconfigure it for iptv so I could shift it on. I've advertised the bloody thing three times now and even an auction, nobody seems to want it. So I figured maybe get ridd of it with another service on it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hopscotty View Post
    I done a reset because my box keeps coming up with a blank screen error log. I'll try an post it here later. Well I had epg plugins, xc_e2 plugins, auto bouquet plugins that I had added as I used the box. I had always used the box for satellite purposes and I was looking to reconfigure it for iptv so I could shift it on. I've advertised the bloody thing three times now and even an auction, nobody seems to want it. So I figured maybe get ridd of it with another service on it.
    What directory did u put the xml file in

Title
    Thanks
    should be in etc/ enigma 2 thats for xc plugin the xc plugin multi xml goes to var/ keys
    Last edited by orientville; 16-01-18 at 22:04.

Title
    Thanks
    the main xc plugin should be in directory usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions

7. The Following User Says Thank You to orientville For This Useful Post:

hopscotty (17-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    The XC Plugin is pretty shit n basic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

hopscotty (17-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah when I click to run the plug in first time, it crashes with an error log and reboots. I'd probably like to try another method as an alternate now.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopscotty View Post
    Yeah when I click to run the plug in first time, it crashes with an error log and reboots. I'd probably like to try another method as an alternate now.
    Where are you putting the XC Plugin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Smart iptv is for Android isn't it? Have you tried using SULS plugin or Xtream editor? I use both of these and work straight away.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    The xc plugin appears both in the plugins section and also as part of the main menu of my box. I've no idea how that happened, but it probably accounts for the crashes. I installed e2m3u2boquet on it the other day and I was still struggling. But today I was tinkering around with my satellite channels and because they they were in one big list from a-z, I pressed the favourites button and bam! lol There was my iptv list sorted into categories as it is on my firetv etc. I done so many things to get this working and probably had it working all along! Thank you all and thx to my trusted favs button lol ...

Title
    Thanks
    Selling a box set up with an Iptv list installed is quite likely to break the same laws that saw some big prosecutions recently, be very careful.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not selling a box with iptv installed on it. I'm selling a box that has the capability to provide iptv. As mentioned previously! I can't shift it on because nobody wants these boxes anymore. I'm only educating myself with how to make this work in order for me to give a buyer after-sales support if they require. I've paid thousands of pounds to sly, vermin etc and they advertise broadband speeds in their packages that are very misleading. For instance I had sly fibre with estimated speed 25-38mbs, I never once hit they notes! Infact I have screenshots of how shabby their service really was. Why should they be allowed to do that legally? sky bb slow example 171017.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    They aren’t, if your not getting the minimum speed they quoted then you can end the contract without penalty.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi

Glad to hear u got the iptv sorted with broadband where possible its best to use a wired connection on mine which is virgin my download is 219mbps with up running 13.0mbps
    however if I switch to wifi I would obtain less than half of that rate so all my connections apart from fire sticks are wired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast