Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Playing movies via kodi 17.6 on duo2

Title
    Thanks

Playing movies via kodi 17.6 on duo2

Hi everyone,

Just need a bit of help please. As the title says I'm trying to play movies from my pc hdd via kodi 17.6 on my duo2. I have added the folder onto kodi and I can see all the files but when I try to play any movie I get messages saying"patch.rar" for a couple of times then the player starts but does not play the movie. I just get a black screen with the player at the bottom.
    Is it a codecs issue??

Thanks in advance guys

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    did you try to access your movies directly from within kodi with smb: or nfs:? If yes this does not work. You have to mount your shares in Enigma2 and access them through root:\\media\net or \media\autofs

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    did you try to access your movies directly from within kodi with smb: or nfs:? If yes this does not work. You have to mount your shares in Enigma2 and access them through root:\\media\net or \media\autofs

ciao
    Thanks for the reply matey. I have got the cifs mount to work in enigma2 but just wondered about the kodi connection as kodi gives me film details etc.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    when you build a movie database with kodi and in build in samba or nfs interface it tries to play the movies with a filename like smb://server/share/file or nfs://server/share/file and the enigma movieplayer is not able to play URL names so you have to go throught /root/media

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

eattheliving (15-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I was using Netflix but that app is not working well as of now. I want to switch to Kodi or https://appshowbox.org/ but I don't know how to start and download these. Can anyone explain me what is this kodi app ?? Which is better ??