Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Backup of original Vuplus Uno 4k SE image that came with the receiver

Title
    Thanks

Backup of original Vuplus Uno 4k SE image that came with the receiver

Hi
    I have just bought a Vuplus Uno 4k SE.
    Running with official vuplus image installed.
    Before installing a new VIX image I like to make sure that I can
    get back to the official vuplus image before the new VIX image was installed
    So is it necessary to have a backup of the official vuplus image installed with all my settings
    before installing a new VIX image.
    What will a factory reset do after new VIX image install.
    Will I get back to the official vuplus image with all my settings or be at the new VIX image start
    with what settings.
    Best regards

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Factory reset is a misleading term. The only way to make receiver as it was when it came from factory, is to flash the image it had in the factory.

Not sure exactly what you are asking. However, a few comments that may answer what you want to ask.
    Flashing an image wipes everything. There is no need need to factory reset

If you crate an image backup, (please do not confuse with settings backup), you can flash that. The image exactly as it was when you made the image backup. This includes installed plugins and settings.
    Note: Not all images have inbuilt function to make an image backup. You have to install a plugin. Fullbackup suite plugin has this. OpenVix has a function to make an image backup, no plugins required.

You only need to make a backup image if you want to have a backup that you can re-apply. It is not mandatory before flashing another image.