Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 'No sound' bug is back in 5.1.004

Title
    Thanks

'No sound' bug is back in 5.1.004

Having had sound problems with the later 5.0 releases I haven't bothered to update for a while.
    Today I tried to load the latest image (5.1.004) only to find the infamous 'no sound' bug, I tried 2 flashes & system resets but to no avail.
    I then flashed the previous version (5.1.003) & the sound is ok, so it looks like the buggy driver has crept back in to this latest release somehow.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Try set A/V to 2160p, then make sure downmix is set to yes.

Please send a report to:

Code:
    support@octagon-germany.de
    Provide them with a video of your settings, make and model of tv and ensure the video shows clearly theres not audio.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I checked all the settings & confirmed everything is as it should be.
    I would have thought that this is a VIX problem as the original bug in 5.0.027 was fixed in later releases right up to 5.1.003, it suggests that whoever made 5.1.004 used the wrong driver during the build?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robby2k9 View Post
    I checked all the settings & confirmed everything is as it should be.
    I would have thought that this is a VIX problem as the original bug in 5.0.027 was fixed in later releases right up to 5.1.003, it suggests that whoever made 5.1.004 used the wrong driver during the build?
    No its not a ViX bug, its a bug in the drivers, all teams use the same latest drivers.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ronand (19-12-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Which driver is you box using? menu/information/about (or something similar).

You''ll then be able to compare 003 and 004

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Judging by the really angry posts on another forum (to which Octagon are/were active), they have never fixed this issue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    same problem on some channels since latest 004 release. Challenge tv for example. Was working before

Title
    Thanks
    Just tried the latest release (013) select screen resolution to 2160 in initial setup & no sound, updated via web to 016, still no sound.
    The problem seems to relate to the resolution, if initial setup after flash is 720 or 1080 all is well, selecting 2160 kills the audio.
    Strangely, if the initial setup is 720 or 1080 & it's then changed later to 2160 it not only kills the audio for that resolution but all resolutions, go back to 1080 or 720 & still no sound.
    The only fix I can find is to re-flash, Factory reset is not an option at this time (see next line below)
    Also now have another bug (in both releases), after performing a factory reset VIX crashes at the point the setup asks if you want to adjust the screen alignment.
    (Using Sony TV KD-65XD8599)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have a similar TV (Sony Bravia 65XE8596) and I've also never managed to get audio on 2160 although other people say the latest drivers have cured the problem.
    I wonder if it's something to do with the TV or HDMI?

Title
    Thanks
    The old drivers worked fine, the last image to work flawlessly was 5.0.26 (drivers dated 2017-09-05)
    I've reported the problem (again) to Octagon support, they didn't even reply last time!
    I don't suppose it's possible to get a new VIX release using the old drivers is it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robby2k9 View Post
    Also now have another bug (in both releases), after performing a factory reset VIX crashes at the point the setup asks if you want to adjust the screen alignment.
    See here....
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post466319

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For 2160 to work correctly the Tv, the set top box, and the hdmi leads must all be 4K compatible.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    For 2160 to work correctly the Tv, the set top box, and the hdmi leads must all be 4K compatible.
    Not really relevant as I have a Sony 4K tv - Octagon SF4008 + HDMI lead supplied with Octagon, box set to 2160
    It all works fine with VIX builds up to 5.0.26 but not on any later build.
    As I said previously, the drivers changed after this build.