Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Title
    Thanks

Help

Hi
    New Twin 4k. Flashed with Openvix by wos/ 320Gb HDD.
    Connected up after unpacking, and booted OK. Connected to my network and (rather foolishly perhaps) got it to update vix.
    This didn't seem to work, as all I got was a continuously flashing green LED.
    Downloaded via PC, a vix image (5.1.002 I think it was)....unzipped to USB, and reflashed.
    I now had a box that no longer connected to my network, and weirdly I got "keybounce" on the remote. Each button behaved as if I'd pressed it twice in quick succession. Also, the coloured buttons (for close, save etc) were completely ineffectual.
    Flashed OpenATV 6.0, and (although the network didn't work) all seemed to be OK, so much so that I configured the box to receive 13.0, 19.2, 26.0 and 28.2E FTA. Over 1200 channels. Great, I thought (but miffed that the network adapter seemed to be dead).

After a day, wanted to go back to vix, so downloaded 5.1.003, and I was back to a bouncing remote, and unable to configure any tuners (because of the key bounce making things a pain in the a**e).

Am I doing something wrong ( I am a complete noob with this sort of satellite receiver, but have 40 years in I.T. behind me), OR do I have a duff box?

Cheers
    Ivor

Title
    Thanks
    Try an earlier vix version

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 1554leslie For This Useful Post:

Iya (10-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    UPDATE:

Left the box powered-up (with 5.1.003) and went to have something to eat. 30 mins later, came back to a box that behaved (no key bounce) !!???!!??.
    Have once again configured to 4 sats (Love the standard epg by the way), but still no Network (Remember, it WAS working when first used...DHCP/name server / ip address assigned all correctly), but now...nothing.

Title
    Thanks
    Seems odd. I've had no luck with these boxes. As Leslie said, go back to a 5.0x build. They we're stabler for me, but still crashed.

Send mine back tomorrow. I've had two with same and different issues.

TBH...utter rubbish if you ask me.

I'm gonna get a vu uno I think. The gigsblue and bigger Vu boxes have screens on as if theyre for pub av shelves.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    Seems odd. I've had no luck with these boxes. As Leslie said, go back to a 5.0x build. They we're stabler for me, but still crashed.
    Theres no issue with OpenViX and the TM-Twin 4k. Since reading about your issues I've actually had one setup testing latest builds for 5 days now with zero issues.

Send mine back tomorrow. I've had two with same and different issues.
    So you keep posting.....

TBH...utter rubbish if you ask me.
    Or maybe its an issue with your environment or how you setup the receiver.

The gigsblue and bigger Vu boxes have screens on as if theyre for pub av shelves.
    Jeez your hard to please
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what way is box connected to internet hard wired / homeplugs / wifi ? did you retry rebooting box and router?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry guys. I didn't mean the tone that came across clearly.

I spent several hours over many days with both to see the same lock ups.

I'm sure it a comparability issue at least. I'd love to have spent more time troubleshooting, but I only have one sat feed and a wife and kid that are still wondering why the humax isn't good enough lol..

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Sorry guys. I didn't mean the tone that came across clearly.

I spent several hours over many days with both to see the same lock ups.

I'm sure it a comparability issue at least. I'd love to have spent more time troubleshooting, but I only have one sat feed and a wife and kid that are still wondering why the humax isn't good enough lol..
    I think you where just unlucky. I know you mentioned the VU+ Uno 4K, good box, but I'd seriously consider the Gigablue UHD Ultra UE: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gigablue-uhd-ue-4k

The colour LCD is prob the smallest out of all the LCD displays, excellent fast box. Comes with a superb remote also.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Iya (11-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    what way is box connected to internet hard wired / homeplugs / wifi ? did you retry rebooting box and router?
    Its been wired to a 4-way unmanaged hub and also directly into the back of my Sky hub4 router.
    Its odd that it worked initally and has now stopped, and there are NO activity LEDs blinking on the back. Dead adapter??

Iya

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    There is a network test you can run when configuring the adapter - does that show up anything?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I think you where just unlucky. I know you mentioned the VU+ Uno 4K, good box, but I'd seriously consider the Gigablue UHD Ultra UE: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gigablue-uhd-ue-4k

The colour LCD is prob the smallest out of all the LCD displays, excellent fast box. Comes with a superb remote also.

I've opened a support ticket with wos, and said that if it can't be fixed, I want to reject the Techno under distance selling regs, and get either a VU+ uno or a gigablue 4k.
    I am a complete noob to these kind of sat receivers, having used the one built into my LG 4k oled tv and very old something or other sold by Maplin. The fact that I can flash firmware/OS and that these have network connectivity is what I wanted (but years ago).

Iya

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    There is a network test you can run when configuring the adapter - does that show up anything?
    You mean the "built in" network tester?

Lan Adapter Ticked (OK)
    Local disconnected (x)
    DHCP enabled (tick)
    IP address unconfirmed (x)
    Nameserver unconfirmed (x)

which is exactly what I get if I don't plug anything into ethernet.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... I get that if all my Lan devices are disabled. Daft question, is your Ethernet adapter enabled? (Use interface=yes)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    .... I get that if all my Lan devices are disabled. Daft question, is your Ethernet adapter enabled? (Use interface=yes)
    Oh yes.
    Its going back to wos for test.
    Being a noob, I have NO idea which receiver brand / model is considered to be "the best", not just from a functionality point of view, but also a reliability one.
    The only "name" name I remember from 15 years ago is Topfield, but they've probably been surpassed by the myriad of others (chinese clones or whatever)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iya View Post
    and get either a VU+ uno or a gigablue 4k.
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K very nice spec and value for money, superb remote too: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gigablue-uhd-ue-4k
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Iya (11-12-17)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast